Chapter 2

Giyuu felt a splitting pain in his head and bile threatening to rise up to his throat.

His whole body felt like gravity was pulling him down with how heavy he felt. Even lifting a finger will prove to be a harder task than killing off a demon.

But oddly enough, Giyuu can't feel his wounds. His exhaustion was definitely the definition of high but he couldn't feel his open wounds that was just pouring blood earlier.

Giyuu was too exhausted to open his eyes, so he counted on his ears to tell him were he was, maybe he survived and was taken back to the headquarters but the chances of that was unlikely.

He focused on his hearing and what he heard made him more confused.

The soft rustling of leaves on trees, the caws of the birds and the distant sound of a flowing river.

'Did they left me in a forest?'

Giyuu thought to himself that he was in a situation were they thought he was dead and was left on the forest, he didn't think they hate him enough for it, but Shinobu did say everyone had disliked him.........

He was sure that Tanjiro and Nezuko wouldn't do this to him but for the other pillars........

Giyuu was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard the sound of someone's footsteps in the forest.

The person who made the footsteps were at least 10 meters away and he wouldn't let his guard down. After all, demons are not the only evil beings in this world.

He tried to do some breathing techniques but found his body too exhausted to do so.

Few more seconds later, the person was now 4 meters near him.

Then with a few rustling of leaves, he heard a startled gasp of a man.

The footsteps fasten and Giyuu was sure that whoever the man was, he was running towards him.

"Are you alright!?"

The man's voice was oddly soothing to his ears.

The voice was unfamiliar to him but familiar at the same time and it made him greatly confused.

"Hey! Do you gave any wounds? Talk to me!"

Giyuu now felt a warm hand touch his forehead and he forced his eyes to open to see who the person was.

When he opened his eyes, he finally had a conclusion to what had happened to him.

'Ah, looks like I died'

In front of him was a familiar hair color of peach and eyes the color of lavender blue. His skin was fair and a large scar run down on his right cheek towards the side of his mouth. The face was more mature than the one that haunts his dreams. A white Haori rested on his body with a Demon Slayer Corps uniform on the inside. The sight made his heart skip a beat for some reason unknown to him. There was no mistake about it, this person was his long dead friend, Sabito, and he was in the afterlife.

'Finally'

Giyuu though to himself before he let exhaustion take over once again.

————————————————

When Giyuu woke up again, he felt much better than he did last time.

The deep exhaustion was lessened greatly but it was still there and it would most likely take him a bit more days of rest to fully recover. Which was odd considering that he was already in the Afterlife.

He moved his body up in a sitting position and opened his eyes. His deep blue eyes glisten with wonder when he woke up to the sight of a big Wisteria tree.

The light purple color seemed to glow amidst the dark night. The leaves sway with the soft winds and the petals that fall created a very beautiful image.

The sliding doors in front of him was wide open allowing him the breathtaking view.

"I took you to a Wisteria house to rest, after all, you're wearing a Demon Slayer Corps uniform"

Giyuu turned his head behind him to see Sabito leaning on the sliding doors.

His white haori fluttered as he looked at looked at him with an easy smile.

"What happened?"

Giyuu didn't know what was happening right now, wasn't he supposed to be in the Afterlife?

His voice came out rusty like he hadn't drank water in a very long time, which considering what he went through, he probably did.

"Wait, drink this first, I figured you'd be thirsty when you woke up"

Sabito handed him a cup of water but Giyuu's body was too sore to enable him to move much, so Sabito guided the cup to his lips, it was an awkward position so Giyuu couldn't stop the flush from creeping up to his cheeks. But he had no strength in his body so he couldn't resist and allowed Sabito to hold him up with an arm on his back and the other placing the cup on his lips.

After emptying the cup, Sabito placed the cup beside his bedside and pushed his chest back into a resting position.

"It wasn't a first time I saw someone collapse from pure exhaustion but yourey definitely the worst case I've seen. Especially since you were uninjured, by the way, my name is Sabito but you probably know me better as the Water pillar"

With every word that Sabito said, Giyuu was becoming even more confused.

Also Sabito looked at him like he was waiting for Giyuu to introduced himself.

"Tomioka"

Was what he only managed to say but it looked like enough for Sabito as the others eyes widen and shock was clearly plastered on his face.

It seems like the answer took Sabito off guard, as it took him a few moments before he could respond and the whole time he stared at Giyuu.

"Sabito what-"

"Ah! Sorry, it's just that Tomioka was the surname of an old friend of mine, guess that name is pretty common huh"

Unsure of what to do, Giyuu just nodded his head slightly as the other man smiled at him.

"Well then, I should probably call the doctor to see if your fine, it isn't common to collapse like that, better be safe than sorry"

With that, Sabito stood up and walked towards the door and disappeared from his sight.

Giyuu stared at the door for a long time before he settled his thoughts again.

This doesn't look like the afterlife, at least not how Giyuu imagined the afterlife. For him it was more like a long awaited reunion between him and Sabito, as well as his family. Also considering that Sabito said that his name reminded him of an 'old friend' then this couldn't be possible.

Giyuu thought back to what could have possibly enabled this situation to happen.

Then he remembered being hit by the Demon Blood Technique of that mysterious demon at the Dimensional Infinity Fortress. This couldn't be an illusion since he should have already snapped out of it since the Demon as well as Muzan was already dead.

So it could only mean one thing, he was transported somewhere.

A place where Sabito is alive.