Chapter 5

When the woman said the room was narrow, she wasn't kidding.

Looking at the two futons that were pressed up against each other to the point that they looked like one, to enable some walking space in the room, made Giyuu squirm.

"You better not kick in your sleep or snore loudly"

Warned Sabito as he sat down on his own futon and begun to place down the items from within his cloth bag.

Giyuu didn't answer, since he didn't know if he did. It has been a long time since he had slept in the same room with another person.

To be specific, the last time he slept in the same room as another was with Sabito and Makomo. He and Sabito shared the same futon while Makoto had her own, due to her being a girl.

After all of Sabito's things have been placed down, he stood up and walked towards the door then looked towards Giyuu.

"You going to join me in the bath?"

Giyuu immediately nodded with some enthusiasm that he managed to show.

He felt uncomfortable with the dried up sweat that he had attained during their hours long run. Also he didn't want to let Sabito out of his sight.

The men's bath was oddly enough empty, despite the fact that the old woman told them that the inn was fully booked.

But Giyuu decided that it was a good thing, since didn't really want people to see him bathe. It made him feel uncomfortable specially since the scars that he had earned from training and battling demons showed on his skin and attracted unwanted attention.

The bath was not small but neither was it wide. There was pool filled with warm water as well as 5 faucets that had small wooden seats in front of them. 

It was actually remarkably clean so he looked around the bath more before Giyuu heard Sabito called out to him.

"Hey, you coming in or what?"

He turned around to see that Sabito had already stripped off of his clothes and had placed them on the nearby racks. He had already submerged himself under the warm and pipping waters of the pool.

Sabito's face was a little flush due to the heat and he was letting himself relax as his body released the tension that had build up from their earlier hours long run.

With his head down looking at the floor, Giyuu begun to take off his clothes near the racks and folded th neatly before he lays them next to Sabito's own clothes.

Giyuu released a hiss when he went in the tub and Sabito laughed at him.

"Don't like the heat that much, don't you?"

Nodding with embarrassment, Giyuu let himself sink into the water further, resisting the uncomfortable heat.

Then he notice that Sabito had begun to stare at him with great focus.

He turned his body to face Sabito to ask why he was staring,o when the peach haired boy asked a question that hit something in Giyuu.

"Do you have a relative named Giyuu?"

Sabito's whole focus was on him and it made that weird feeling on his chest to happen again.

"No"

He answered as he shook his head.

'I'm not technically lying since I really don't have any relative named Giyuu'

Giyuu thought to himself and then he heard Sabito released a disappointed sigh beside him.

"Sorry if the question appeared weird to you, it's just that......you looked very similar to him"

Sabito admitted to him as the man looked like he was getting in a daze, probably remembering things about the past.

"Don't be, it wasn't really weird"

Giyuu consoled his best friend before he moved his body to a more comfortable position, he was thankful that he had finally managed to adapt to the heat even if it was just a little.

"He was a real crybaby you know, but he was really strong too, despite what he believed"

Giyuu frowned and had thought to himself how disbelieving that was. He was never strong, whether it be in body or mind, he had always relied on Sabito back then.

"Despite how hard the training was and how much he cried, he had always managed to finish any task and survive"

He didn't know how to respond to Sabito's words about him and just hummed to show that he was listening.

They continued to chat at the bath before Giyuu finally noticed that his fingers were now looking like raisins.

He was the first one to exit the bath and cloth himself, followed by Sabito a few minutes later.

When they had arrived at their room, they rested on their respective parts of the bed. With at least a meter apart from each other.

Which was rather normal actually, considering that Giyuu right now was just a fellow Demon slayer that Sabito has just newly met.

But still, he couldn't make that weird feeling in his chest disappear.

Back at Urokodaki-sensei's place, he and Sabito had shared a small futon and was usually cuddles up together. And every night that he would have nightmares about that day he lost his elder sister, Sabito would comfort him and help him back to sleep.

It was also vice versa, whenever Sabito has his own nightmares. Albeit the other boy's were a lot rarer that his.

With memories of their times back Mt. Sagiri along with Urokodaki-sensei and Makomo on his mind. Giyuu fell into a deep sleep that had been his most comfortable one in 8 years.