Braving Fears

After a week the baby is awaken from his coma. He is still weak but his vitals are all normal. Pha, Kit and Beam are so happy that he have recovered quite well. In due time he will be back to the usual naughty toddler of his age.

Forth has also visited the baby whenever Beam will check on him. He will also witness of how fond Beam of the baby. Even himself is hooked with the way the baby would stare at him. He is a shy baby and only Beam could make him smile aside from Kit who is also very bubbly when he is checking on him.

He is recovering quite fast. In no time he will be discharged also.

Its already late at night that Beam and Forth are on their way home from their dinner date when Beam received a call from the hospital.

"Lets drop by the hospital. The patient is crying endlessly!" Beam informs Forth worriedly.

"Dont worry baby, its just normal for babies to be fussy sometimes!" Forth tried to comfort him.

They hurriedly enter the room where the crying baby is being hushed by the nurses and resident doctor.

"Whats wrong little man!?" Beam immediately approached him and hold him in his arms being careful of all tubes and apparatus still attached to his body. The baby look at him and slowly stopped crying. Beam just hold him carefully while the baby is starting to drift off back to sleep.

"What happened?!" Beam softly asked the resident doctor when the baby has already stopped crying and close his eyes again.

"He is already asleep doctor, then we heard him hiccup in his sleep then he started to cry, a very painful cry Dr. Beam! A nightmare?!" the doctor has a teary eyes when he remember how the baby cried earlier.

Beam stare at the sleeping baby in his arms, with tears still in his eyes and cheeks. Beam also look up at Forth, Forth smile at him warmly in return.

He return the baby in his bed when he made sure that he is already deep in his sleep.

"Dont cry little one, you are not alone! Dr. Beam will protect you! Sleep tight baby, I love you!" Beam softly whispers in the baby's ears and give him a gentle kiss in his tears stained cheek.

He stare at the sleeping baby more before they silently went out of the room leaving the baby to the care of the nurse and the resident doctor.

They walk in complete silence towards the car. Each has something in their mind.

"Forth?!" Beam calls for Forths attention when they have settled inside the car.

"I will try my best baby, dont worry!" Forth assures Beam of the unspoken request that both their hearts knows.

Beam gave Forth a grateful smile before he peck him on the lips.

"I love you Forth! You know that right?!" Beam ask softly.

"I know that baby and I love you too so much!" Forth cupped his face and tenderly kiss him before he straighten in his seat to drive them home.

*

Three weeks have passed and the baby has fully recovered. He is ready to be discharged from the hospital. Eventhough the nurses and doctors who have taken care of him are all sad because they have already learned to love the now bubbly baby.

Beam is a little agitated to order a discharge for him. He knows that he cannot prolong the stay of the baby in the hospital. With a heavy heart he signed the discharged order in the chart.

He look at the baby who is enjoying his play with Kit. Pha is just standing beside them, smiling everytime the baby giggles. Pha look up and see the worried look of Beam. Pha knows what Beam feel, its been so obvious since the start how Beam got easily affected by the baby's condition.