Baoshan Sanren

*I don't own any of the characters or rights to original material*

"fu...ifu...shifu....."

Wei Wuxian's lifeless looking eyes move to the side in the direction of the sound.
Lan Shizui exhale a shaky breath finally earning a reaction from his grieving father.
He smiles sadly trying to keep his feelings in line in front of his heartbroken parent.

"My Shizhi told me you haven't ate for three days, I'm sorry I couldn't make it home faster."

Wei Wuxian doesn't respond and has a dead expression on his face but he grabs his son's hand and squeezes it gently.
Shizui is feeling overwhelmed at seeing his father in this state, tears well up in his ocean blue eyes but he looks away to the side and rubs them dry.

"A-Yuan don't worry about me, I'm just preparing myself."

Lan Shizui glances down at their lost one's Guqin placed peacefully in pale boney aged hands.
He always knew his adoptive parents loved each other unconditionally, he witnessed his father grieve for thirteen years growing up and now seeing his other father go through the same, it's clear to him what unconditionally truly means.

"Are you really planning to go through with it?"

Lan Shizui can't help looking conflicted.
Supporting his father to search for Baoshan Sanren is risky, his father has lost so much strength and weight and even if he would be able to find her there's no guarantee she will agree with his request.
However Lan Shizui know that if he contains his father within the Jingshi he will die unhappy and brokenhearted.
No matter what he chooses its not in his favor but he has to make a decision and he can't help letting his emotions cloud his judgment.
If his father is even able to reach Baoshan Sanren there's no way in knowing what will happen, but keeping him from a possible cure of his heartbreak wouldn't that make Lan Sizhui heartless?

"I know I am selfish A-Yuan, but I really can't let Lan Zhan go.."

Lan Shizui's thoughts are spiraling and he almost feels dizzy trying to come to a conclusion.
He looks up and this time he can't prevent the tears from spilling down his cheeks.
Wei Wuxian looks at him with pure affection and for the first time since death broke their spirits, his dear mama smiles softly at him.
Boney aged fingers ruffles his neatly styled hair just like he would do when Yuan was a small child.
The hand grabs Yuan's neck gently and they silently treasure the moment surrounded by flowers and bunnies resting forehead against forehead.
The soft sound of their headbands connecting with each other peacefully disturbs the serenity, the decision is final and for now they comfort each other grieving a father and husband.

---

"Leave, I can't do anything for you."

Wei Wuxian stand his ground not moving an inch, he has traveled tirelessly to finally find Baoshan Sanren he won't leave that easy.
The woman packing more years under her belt looks like a fresh blooming flower.
Seeing the legends and rumors are true Wei Wuxian feels more hope that she indeed can accomplish what he is asking for.

"I'm not leaving so either you can let me in or bury my corpse."

He stubbornly says while sitting down calmly in a meditated position, a trait he's picked up on from Lan Zhan.
He takes long breaths of air enjoying the pleasant smell of wild flowers and his husband's Guqin brush against his back with each deep breath bringing ease and determination.

"humph, you inherited your mother's bad qualities."

Baoshan Sanren throws at him displeased only earning an amused smirk in response.
She taps her foot on the ground in thought and then wants to slap herself for actually considering to help the Yiling Patriarch.