CHERRY LIPS ↝ VSOO

TAEHYUNG'S FAVORITE FRUITS WERE STRAW 
BERRIES. . .THAT IS UNTIL THEY WEREN'T

•  •  •

KIM TAEHYUNG WAS A MAN WHO had built his way up to the ultimate life of power and luxury from his cliched humble beginnings, or to be more specific, made a multi-million dollar communications and social connectivity company after escaping the limited confines of his father's strawberry farm.  

As a child he'd always jump at the opportunity to help his father in their fields. He loved the stinging sensation of the suns rays kissing his exposed skin. He could recall the refreshing smell of icy morning dew sitting delicately atop countless blades of grass. He could even remember the grainy texture of the rich earth and the dirt's natural coolness under his fingers. 

But most of all, Taehyung could easily recall the glory of the vibrant scarlet fruits that peppered every bush for miles and added a splash of color to the dull countryside, the very fruit that never disappointed to brighten up his day with it's sweet and saccharine flavor, and the very fruit that represented the roots of his childhood.

Taehyung could say with full confidence that strawberries were his favorite fruit in the whole world. . . but that failed to explain why he would always find himself staring hungrily at the cherry-stained lips of one Kim Jisoo. 

Ms. Kim, although tasked with filling a multitude of different roles in his company, was first and foremost his new secretary. His previous secretary was competent enough and always seemed on top of her assigned tasks, but she had crossed the lines of professionalism the moment she attempted to kiss him.

This prompted Taehyung to be a bit more cautious and picky when selecting someone to fill her shoes, but Jisoo had intrigued him from the moment he'd met her.

•  •  •
[FLASHBACK TO FIRST MEETING]

"Hold the elevator—" a distinct voice shouted as the metal doors slid towards each other so Taehyung smashed the 'open' button on impulse just in time for a blur of red hair and black heels speed in.

The red hair seemed to belong to a woman, seemingly around his age, dressed in a white chiffon blouse and black mini skirt, with a folder tucked under her armpit and handbag clutched in one hand with, strangely enough, a woven basket filled to the brim with ripe cherries in the other. 

She let out a sigh of relief and chuckled softly, "God, I am so late." The woman turned to him and smiled appreciatively, and that was the beginning of his descent into madness. Her lips weren't thick and puffy, nor were they thin and brittle. They weren't chapped, but neither were they glossy, just smooth with a moistened sheen. They even shaped a heart when she smiled. But perhaps most enticing of all, were their color.

A bold, unapologetic, and lustrous shade of red that could only be described as cherry. For a painstaking long second Kim Taehyung had an animalistic urge to bite into them and savor the taste.

He was so entranced by her mouth, he almost missed the next words that came out of them.

"Thank you for getting the door for me," she then bowed her head. 

"ah...yes," he said faltering with his words, "no problem."

"What floor is it for you?" he asked, not brave enough to face her again lest her lips distract him again. 

"Oh..." she paused unsurely, "I actually don't know."

This time when he addressed her, he looked at her face, determinedly gazing into her dark eyes. "What do you mean you don't know?"