FOUR

FOUR: THIS IS STEVE HARRINGTON AND HE HAS NICE HAIR
november 1st, 1984.

"Okay, Steve, you can leave now."

"I don't have anywhere else to be."

Rosalie turned to Steve who was standing in the doorway of her home, his shoulders raised in a casual shrug. A small grin tugged on the lips of Steve Harrington as he glanced at her from under his eyelashes. Her eyebrow rose at him, waiting for him to laugh - because this had to have been a joke. When he didn't chuckle, she asked, "you're serious?"

"I don't have basketball practice. I don't have to help Nancy study, or drive her home, or..," he trailed off and Rosalie dropped her bag when she saw him look down and his eyes drop. She recognized that look before. There was a dark hum in the depth of his soul.

"You're in the dark and twisties."

"The what?" Steve's head looked up.

"The dark and twisties," she explained as she sighed deeply and leaned against the cream colored wall of her hallway. "It's what my mom and I call it when something bad happened to you and its bothering you and you over think it in your head. It's that dark place where you over think all the bad things, sort of like an endless void. The dark and twisties. It's not a good place."

A small grin passed his mouth as he nodded and shut the door behind him. His blue eyes ignited with little faith as he exhaled, "dark and twisties, I'll be sure to stay clear from them."

Rosalie pursed her lips and right as she was about to tell him something, the phone rang and she pushed herself off the wall. "I guess you can chill here until my mom gets back from work..," she suggested before gesturing him into her home. She entered the kitchen, flipping on the lights, and pulling the mint green phone off the receiver.

"Hello?" She asked into the phone, hearing the front door shut from behind.

"Tell. Me. Everything." Ivy. Of course. "Did you guys actually hook up in his car this time? He was totally checking you out when you guys were walking away and"-

"Vee." Rosalie stopped her friend while her brown eyes shot to Steve when he entered the kitchen, she scoffed.

"What?" Ivy groaned. "Oh. Wait, is he there? Still?!Are you guys about to"-

"I'm going to call you later tonight, okay?" She couldn't tell Ivy everything she wanted to hear with him standing right there. Not that there was much to tell, but she wouldn't be able to think with Steve laughing at her answers. She needed to be alone.

"Hm," Ivy hummed, then sighed. "Okay, fine. Don't forget to call."

"I won't." Rosalie turned to face the painted wall, trying not to laugh out loud nor show Steve the blush in her cheeks.

"Bye." She hung the phone back up and turned around. Steve sat at the dinner table, his legs stretched out in the brown chair, a big grin on his face.

"Was that your mom?" He asked, his mouth fighting a smug smile.

Rosalie squinted her eyes at him, "you know that was not my mom."

"Yeah, well I know how mom's can be; checking you out - I mean checking on you. Sorry," he scoffed, attempting to play off his joke. shaking his head as Rosalie's cheeks warmed. "Don't know where that came from." She exhaled as she slipped out of her jacket, and setting it on the back of her chair.

"Ivy is just very..," Rosalie started trying to find the right words, "interested."

"I like your house." Steve inhaled looking around the small kitchen, changing the subject swiftly, "I told you that last night when we came here, but I'm guessing you probably don't remember that."