13: Let's Keep It Between Us

Dedicated to the person who introduced me to wattpad💖💖

Couldn't have done it without you GP!! Love you!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Blood makes you related, 

but loyalty makes you family."

C H A P T E R 1 3

L U C I A N A

"So you're telling me, Marcello gave you a solo mission after asking you to train the recruits and monitoring Miranda because he doesn't trust her?"

"Of all the things I told you, that was the most interesting? Did you not her the part where I mentioned that the guy I was supposed to kill was dead before I killed him?"

"Right, yeah, I heard that but right now I really want to have a nice chat with Marcello instead of discussing the death of some guy we didn't even know." he said, not bothered about the rotting corpse a few inches from his feet.

"Nathan, come on! You can talk to David later, but first help me figure out what's going on here." I said, totally not sounding like a child.

"Okay, okay! Can you tell me what happened again?" he said, raising his arms defensively.

"Fine! So I came in here to shoot Karl and at first I didn't pay much attention to the silence, I was too busy admiring the house, then I felt that it was weird so I took my gun out and came in here, almost dropped my gun when I saw the body, figured out he was poisoned and called you."

"Did you call anyone else?"

"No, just you."

"Not even David?"

"Nope."

"Good, the less people know, the better. Now, I'm going to do is search the house while you shoot Karl in the head." he said, already moving out of the room.

"Why do you want me to shoot a dead body?"

"Because we are not telling anyone about this. It has to look like you came in here, shot the guy and left."

"And what about you, someone must have seen you come out?"

"Don't worry about me. They won't mind not knowing where I was."

"Why?" I asked, curiously.

"Later." he said and walked out.

Okay, then.

I took out my gun, fixed the silencer to lessen the sound made by it, aim at Karl's forehead and shot. There, this was how it should have happened.

Walking back to the desk, I put all the papers back in the drawer, but kept the box of bullets with me. Who knows when it might come in handy.

"Nate?" I called out as I came out of the room.

"Here." his voice came from a room a few doors down the corridor.

"What are you doing in a dead man's bedroom?" I asked, walking into the room and sitting on the bed.

He was standing near a table on the side of the room, looking through a laptop. "I'm doing what you should have done the minute you figured something was wrong."

I rolled my eyes and asked. "And what might that be?"

"Look through the guy's emails or whatever and see if anyone was threatening him."

"Okay, smartypants. What did you find in 'the guy's emails or whatever'?" I said, mimicking him.

"Nothing," he said, looking at me. He rolled his eyes. "Yet."

"Well, you can keep looking while I go search for something to eat." I said, getting up.

I went to the kitchen and looked through the fridge.

What? I was hungry.

I looked through it hoping to find something tasty, but much to my dismay, all I found was different kinds of healthy food.

I groaned and headed back to the room Nathan was in. He had changed his position and was now sitting on the bed.

"Didn't get anything to eat?" he asked on seeing the look on my face.

"There was a whole lot of healthy stuff in the fridge," I pouted. "I mean, who even eats that kind of food anymore?"

He laughed. "I'll get you something on the way back, deal?"

I nodded happily and plopped down on the bed next to him.

"So, what did you find Mr. Detective?" I said, watching the screen in front of me.

"A whole bunch of bullshit Ms. Detective." he said, looking very serious.

On seeing the look on his face, I bursted out laughing and beside me I felt him laugh too. We looked at each other and let our laughter die down, replacing it with sad smiles.

He put an arm around me and pulled me close to him, hugging me from the side, and I responded by resting my head against his shoulder.

"You do not understand what you mean to me, Luce." he said, letting out a sigh.

"Nathan, I'll tell you why I did what I did once we get back. But please don't say that. You'll make me feel more guilty than I already do."

"Fine, but you're still not forgiven, you know that, right?"

"Yeah, I do."

I got up and checked my watch, not wanting to look at his face. "Hey, it's been an hour since I came here, I think we should leave."

"Sure," he got to his feet. "Do you think they'll notice if I took the laptop with me?"

I pretended to think for a while and said. "Maybe you can put it under your shirt and walk behind me, they might not notice if you do that."

He let out another chuckle. "You could have just said 'they will notice'. But it's never that simple with you is it?"

"If it was, I wouldn't be 'The Luciana Crest'." I said with a cheeky smile.

"True that."

Despite our conversation, he put the laptop in the bag he brought with him. If he wanted to take it that badly, there might be something very important in it.

Oh well, he would tell me if he found anything.

On the way out the door, I told him about the bullets.

"Did you find a gun too?" he asked me.

"Not in the place I found the bullets." I told him.

"I'll check the house again, if I can sneak out of IAO tonight."

"Can I come with you?" I asked, hoping he would say yes.

"No, I think one of us should keep an eye on Ms. Roberts, she might have something to do with this."

I nodded. "Then I'll stay and check the CCTV footage around the place, see if I can find anything."

"That's a good idea," he said. "So, what do you want to eat?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We hit 400 reads!!

I was feeling really good after seeing that so I couldn't stop myself from putting another chapter!!

A shout out to @irisdonvolt for voting on every chapter I have posted!!

Thank you so much!!