☇back home

"dear daisy, i never thought i would see the light shine. the atmosphere is different. it feels good to be back home. no one really knew who i was years ago, but here i am, back in my hometown and about to get myself ready for mystic falls high school."

taking a deep breath, she leaned back against the bed frame, thinking about what to write down next and then continued.

"i'm not so sure who will i bump into. i kept in touch with tyler lockwood, he was one of my closest friends here. everyone thought he was a jerk, in reality he was just being a tough guy that's still wanting to fit in with everyone. i'll see what else i can write down to you later."

putting her journal down on her nightstand where a tornado has flown by with all the mess it created, natalie got herself up from her bed. she was somewhat dreading her first day back home, because it was certain that she was different. she looked different. it all depends on who was paying any attention to her.

looking at herself in the mirror after she got dressed, admiring how nice the ripped jeans and blouse looked on her. natalie loved how she looked, and would she kill to have this style in her freshman year of high school. the pants were comfortable yet trendy and that's the look that she was hoping for.

there was nothing like smelling coffee coming from the kitchen, filling the entire house of its smell. her older brother, ian, had been staying with her since their parents had to take care of some business in new york for awhile. her dad is one of the vice presidents for a plant based company, and her mom wanted to join in on the vacation, as she so called it.

"morning, nat- woah, you're wearing that to school?" ian questioned, his mug held up to his lips.

"if there's a problem, you can take it up with my lawyer," she joked, pouring herself a cup of coffee and pulling the milk carton from the fridge.

"relax, you know how they can be ridiculously expensive," he responded, now taking a sip from his mug while taking a seat at the island.

"hey, speaking of expensive, can i drive the bmw today?" she asked in a polite manner. the white bmw was a dream of hers, and she wanted nothing more than to keep the car to herself.

he shrugged which made natalie grin, drinking nearly half of her coffee after mixing the milk, taking the keys and her bag on the way out.

her brother usually didn't really care much about what she would do as long as she came back home before he did. ian's a lawyer, so he didn't leave his office until around 9:30 to 10 o'clock at night.

she was quite excited to see tyler, but with her luck he probably won't even remember her. driving at a reasonable speed, natalie tapped her fingers on the steering wheel in beat with the music that was playing in the car. she was also close with elena, but the brunette didn't keep in touch with anyone and lost any connection.

mystic falls high school looked like the typical high school scene that was pulled out of a movie and dropped right in front of the building. everyone had their own group of friends, while there was also that few that looked lost. unfortunately for natalie, she was going to be that few that will look like a lost puppy and refusing to ask for help.

once the car was locked, the curly haired brunette walked towards the double doors and walked down the hall. there was, of course, the whispers that she picked up on, but didn't really cared for. she's here for her education, graduate and earn her high school diploma and that's all that really matters.

"elena, oh my god how are you?"

elena?, she thought to herself. natalie hasn't seen her in years, it wouldn't hurt to see how she was doing. turning around, the brunette spotted not just elena, but caroline and bonnie as well. shrugging her shoulders a little, she walked over to them while giving them a small smile.