☇awkward silence

"dear daisy. last night i'm still processing the death of matt's sister: vicki. as much as i want to believe she deserved to be killed, she didn't. she was once human too, and she lost control of herself in what was trying to come out. her vampire side. there is nothing that will haunt me more than the killing of vicki. as you know, i've dealt with many deaths ever since new york. i wish things were different, very different. things with tyler had ended, oh god i didn't even think about how tyler is going to feel when he finds out that vicki is gone. poor matt. i never realized how much one death can affect everyone's lives in so many different ways. she was turned by da- stefan's brother. i don't want his name inside the journal, so i'll just refer to him as stefan's brother."

she took a deep breath, leaning back against the headboard in her room. natalie hasn't slept when she arrived at home, and there was nothing that was going to ease her mind. her thoughts were racing, and ian had already been asleep for what seemed like a while now.

"he's quite. . . different. even though i told him that i have dated a "stefan's brother" before. which is true. the man that resembles him so much i dated is now dead. you know the story already but daisy, you've been told about countless deaths ever since we've met, and i feel like every time i tell you, it's the same story. they were all killed. i would tell you more about him, but i feel it is best that i finally get some rest. it's almost one in the morning."

natalie placed the pen inside the journal, closing it before putting it down on the nightstand next to her phone. she didn't even have time to take a shower, and even though it's one in the morning, there was nothing wrong with a late night shower.

her thoughts were all over the place. there was nothing that was going to make her fall asleep in peace. it was going to take a while for natalie to be more herself, yet she can't stop thinking about one consistent person. damon.

she didn't want to know what he meant by 'taking care of vicki'. he was the one who turned her, and he was going to . . . dispose? get rid of? cremate? none of those words fit what the meaning meant to her. she just wanted things to go back to the way they were - maybe even before she turned into a werewolf.

breathing out, natalie ran her fingers through her hair and began to prep herself for her shower.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦

the next morning, natalie had gotten up a little earlier than usual. she got herself dressed in ripped jeans that are cuffed to her ankles, a navy silk cami paired with black heels. the brunette left her hair down, loose natural curls, while putting on her watch and earrings. there was a knock on the front door, followed by the doorbell ringing.  hearing the doorbell once more, this rushed her to the door and opening it.

natalie raised a brow, looking at the person in front of her before crossing her arms. "how did you know where i live?" she questioned, her eyes narrowing a little as she looked at him.

he chuckled, leaning against the door frame and looked at her outfit. he pursed his lips together and shrugged his shoulders. "doesn't matter," he responded, his blue eyes looking into her own. "anyway, we should get going. we need to talk," damon added, making natalie laugh a little.

"i'm not going anywhere with you," she responded, walking back towards the stairs to return to her room. "can i come in at least?" he asked, making natalie pause in her steps and turn to look at the taller male. she looked at him, stuffing a laugh in the back of her throat. "you think i'd let you in my own home and let you come in when you please? absolutely not," natalie responded, walking the rest of the stairs to her room.

she walked past her brother's room, seeing that he left in a hurry as well. it's not like him to leave so suddenly, yet it was his behavior to do so. he's been disappearing and reappearing, but it seemed to happen with everyone around in her life. natalie breathed out, walking to her room to grab her phone and house keys, putting them in her school bag.