The first day

CAMUS POV

-"Never in my life have I blamed people who can't forget the past, and occasionally explode in tears for it...

-Dad...

-Common people are like that... But you aren't."

-And how do you pretend I don't cry, how do you want me to forget her?!

-Calm down, Camus. Don't cry, you don't have to.

-I can't... I just, can not...

-I'm sure she wouldn't like you to cry. Camus, you gotta be strong. For her... And for you.

     No more to say and with my tearing eyes, I simply held onto those words. Those words made an echo in my mind. And so on, along with the sunset she always dreamed about we let her go. Now she'd rest on peace... Forever.

     A year has passed after my mother died, and half a year since father went in her encounter. "Never in my life have I blamed people who can't forget the past, and occasionally explode in tears for it. Common people are like that. But you aren't." They were a lot for me but now, they were just history, part of my past. I decided never to cry, even less for stupid shit.

     After my parents died, my only aunt took care of me. She never had children, she isn't even married; so, I'm not an inconvenience for her at all. I mean, she had to spent her money on something though. And there's the benefit of the mutual company. Symbiosis. I can't complain, she gives me everything. Study, a home, clothes, food, books... Especially books. It's not as if I asked for that much. She, herself, says I'm too mature for my age. 

     I don't remember having a friend, although that doesn't matter. Nobody can understand me, at least not as deep as I expect them to. Perhaps I got to have a fleeting friend, those who you greet in the street, you ask them how is their day going and sometimes you have a conversation about the weather; they will never understand my likes or my thoughts. They aren't those friends which who you have a lot in common that it sounds like a fairy tale friendship. I must say that it's not my favorite literary genre.

      And it's not important... As if I would be interested in sharing with insolent brats that the only thing they're good at is picking their nose among other things. Only thinking about making friends with any immature child isn't pleasant, at all.

      On the other hand, my aunt doesn't think the same way... That's why now that I start middle school, she decided to quit the tutor I've studied with for my entire life and enroll me on a private school. The best in the whole city. 

     Anyway, classes will start soon and hence Sindy, my aunt, has lately encounter herself in numerous queues; to the books I should use on the oh so prestigious school, to take the measurements of my formal and sports uniforms, then to pay them and then, whenever they are ready, to pick them up; even for the more unnecessary things as pencils, crayons or simply markers. I sincerely don't know why I'd need all of it...

     The day finally came. Today I'll have the "god damn pleasure" to meet the brats who'll ruin, or at least, make hard my life. What will be waiting for me in the classroom?  How will my classmates be? How will it feel to be the newbie?... I guess all my classmates or the majority of them, know each other from previous years. How should I introduce myself? Should I use my full name or would only my first name be fine? Oh my, for Athena's sake, I'm wasting my time on dumb thoughts, I don't know why their opinion about me would make me afraid. I'm Camus, I should only care about what I think of myself. But... What do I think of myself?

-Camus, hurry up. You'll be late for your first day. - Aunt Sindy screams interrupt my existential doubts. I see the watch, it's already late! 6:50 a.m. I only have 10 minutes to eat breakfast and try to get to school on time, since classes start at 7:00 a.m.