Chapter 3

Athena

Tears stream down my cheeks as I leave Kyle in his apartment and run. 

Run for my Mama. That phone call was enough to make my heart drop.

I need to see her. Where is she? 

My tears blind my vision and I don't know where I am going but I know I need to get to mom.

I need to be there. I need to see her. 

I need to hug her. I need my Mama. 

"Miss Valentine. Your father has sent me-," I don't let him finish I am already in the car wiping the tears off of my face and getting ready to see Mama. 

How? When? She was perfectly fine this morning. 

"Mama!" I choke out in the car.

I left Kyle naked at his apartment as soon as Papa rang and told him not to follow me and that I will call him. 

I sobered up the minute he told me Mama is in hospital. I wipe my tears frustratingly why can he drive faster?

"Don't cry Ena!" I keep hearing his voice knowing he hates it when I cry. 

The car stops and I rush into the hospital, I must look like a wreck, I'm still dressed in my tight clubbing outfit and my hair is a mess but I don't care. 

This is my mom on a hospital bed. 

Something I never wished I'd see.

"What room is Rosaline Valentine?" I ask worriedly.

But what this bitchy receptionist says next makes me want to pull her fucking hair out. 

"I'm sorry Miss but we only give out private information on a patient to family members." This fucking receptionist has the nerve to say to me. 

Family members? 

"Listen here bitch, Rosaline Valentine is my mother. I am Athena Rosa Valentine. If you know what is good for you. You will tell me her room number right now!" 

I am in her face angrily yelling at her. Before I know it two hands grab my arms and pull me away from the reception desk.

"I'm sorry Miss but we are going to have to escort you out!" The security guard says.

"No. That's my Mama! I have to see her. Call my father. Call my father right now. Please believe me. I have to see her!" Thrashing in his tight hold trying to escape, trying to get to my mom before I am too late.

"Ask the family member of the patient whether she is allowed in or not while we take her outside." The security guards says to the receptionist.

Once he takes me outside I try to shrug his arms off me but his hold tightens.

"Don't touch me!" I choke out tears streaming down my cheeks.

"A pretty thing like you shouldn't be crying!" His fingers wipe the tears off of my cheeks and I flinch pulling away from his touch.

"Don't touch me!" I yell forcefully. 

An uneasy feeling stirring in the pit of my stomach. It's dark out and I'm alone with a creepy security guard. 

Just before he could touch me again the receptionist comes outside, "She is allowed in!" 

With that I rush out of his arms and into the hospital after finding out what room she is in.