Chapter 7

Aodhan

Flashes of the memories I made with my wife spin around my head. 

The moment I met her. 

"You fucking asshole!" She screams in my face while pushing me. 

The fire in her green eyes strong and full of rage.

"How dare you worm your way into my life?" She slaps her small fists onto my chest while her curly blonde hair is unruly emphasising her rage. 

"I can't help it if I live next door!" I say with a smug grin. 

The moment I fell in love with her.

"I don't like him touching you. You can't see him!" Rosa's wrists are wrapped between my fingers as I stop her from leaving with the dickhead who only wants to get into her pants. 

This unfamiliar feeling of jealousy brews deep within. 

"You are not my father. Let me go!" Rosa's determined to leave me for him. 

But I can't have that. I'm just realising now that without her in my life I would be nothing. Nothing. 

"I love you!" 

3 words. 8 letters. 

Spill from my mouth as her body tenses in my grip. I had to say it. 

She had to make a choice. 

Me or him?

The moment she had enough of me ignoring her for work. Valentine Inc.

I come back from work to see suitcases upon suitcases packed in the hallway. All recognisable as my wife's. As Rosa's. 

Where is she going? 

"ROSALINE AODHAN VALENTINE!" Her name is a roar that comes from my mouth.

Seconds after hearing my loud voice she stumbles into the hallway. 

Her blonde hair tied in a messy top knot and her green eyes red and puffy. 

"Rosa!" I whisper softly running towards her and wrapping her small frame in my arms. But she doesn't hug back. 

"You've been crying." It wasn't a question more like a statement. Her body frozen in my arms. 

"Baby why are your suitcases in the hallway?" I ask quietly. 

She pushes me away and the tears stream down her cheeks slowly. 

Slow as ever torturing me seeing those tears wounded my soul. I hate to see her cry. 

"I'm leaving! I'm going back home!" She chokes out and my blood runs cold. 

She is leaving me. But why? 

Her words not sinking in until she holds her suitcases and makes a move to leave.

That was the exact day I found out about her pregnancy. 

"Why?" My voice cracks. My hand on top of hers. 

"Please don't leave!" I beg her. 

"We can sort it out. Rosa talk to me. I'm right here. I promise I'll fix it!" I cradle her cheeks in my hand and wipe her tears. 

"You'll hate me Aodhan!" She sniffles and I laugh at the mere thought.