Initiation Part 1

After Ozpin's speech last night, I decided to go to sleep early, deciding that it would be a good idea to get more sleep than normal to fight better in the initiation tomorrow. It turns out, this was a good idea a ginger girl started yelling at her friend to wake him up.

Ginger: Wake up, lazy butt!

The boy sighed and got up while the ginger girl hounded him.

Ginger: It's morning! It's morning! It's morning! It's morning!

He sighed again as they left the room with the girl still yelling. I guess it's time for me to wake up. I packed my sleeping bag up and threw it into the pile of bags before going to the cafeteria and getting some (f/f).

I quickly entered the locker room and put my robes on, putting my scythe on my back, as well as the separate handle with it.

The girl and her friend walked past us, while she was still talking. I walked over to Ruby and Yang, who were already talking about the previous situation.

Ruby: Wonder what those two are so worked up about?

Yang: Oh, who knows? So, you seem awfully chipper this morning!

Ruby: Yep! No more awkward small talk or "getting-to-know-you" stuff. Today, I get to let my sweetheart do the talking.
She started to stroke her weapon while sighing happily.

Me: I like Noctera and Solaris (thanks to @That_foxy_girl for the name) but I can't say that I would do that.

She immediately shoved her weapon in the locker and turned around to hide her horribly obvious blush at the embarrassing situation. Yang let out a smile and started talking.

Yang: Well, remember, Ruby, you're not the only one going through initiation. If you wanna grow up, you're gonna have to meet new people and learn to work together.

Ruby sighed in frustration and folded her arms, the whole scene was honestly adorable.

Ruby: You sound like Dad! Okay, first of all: What does meeting new people have to do with fighting? And secondly: I don't need people to help me grow up! I drink milk!

Yang: But what about when we form teams?

Ruby: Um, I don't know, I... I'll just be on you or Y/n's team or something...

I decided to leave the conversation to those two and started walking over to two other people that I recognize. On the way over, I noticed three other people. A girl who was also holding a scythe, and was looking like she was ready to fight some Grimm.

 A girl who was also holding a scythe, and was looking like she was ready to fight some Grimm

Another girl who was wearing armor and standing by one of the lockers.

And a guy with a giant hammer resting next to him, as well as a giant shield on his back leaning against the wall with his arms crossed

I made eye contact with all three of them, each of them giving a nod as I passed them to my destination.

Weiss: So, Pyrrha, have you given any thought to whose team you'd like to be on? I'm sure everyone must be eager to unite with such a strong, well-known individual such as yourself.

Pyrrha: Hmm... I'm not quite sure. I was planning on letting the chips fall where they may.

Weiss: Well. I was thinking maybe we could be on a team together.

Pyrrha: Well, that sounds grand!

Weiss: Great!

While Weiss was monologuing, I walked up.

Me: Well, I can see you're monologuing, Weiss.

Weiss immediately broke out of her monologue and looked at me with wide eyes.

Weiss: I'm so sorry I didn't notice you before Miss L/n! Please forgive me!

I'm honestly stunned, never in a million years would I have expected to be greeted like that by Weiss Schnee. I mean, my mother is the most famous huntress on the planet, making me come in the second most famous person, Pyrrha following, Weiss in fourth. Still, even though my mother and I could be considered quite wealthy, Weiss is still more important than I am.

Me: Weiss, there is no need for that. Call me Y/n.

Weiss: Yes ma'am, I mean Y/n.

Me: I'm not an old lady Weiss, don't call me ma'am.

She gave me a nod, as though she thought that she shouldn't even be speaking to me. Jaune, a boy that I met yesterday when coming into the school with Ruby, heard Weiss' "Great!" from earlier and tried to flirt with her.

Jaune: You know what else is great? Me. Jaune Arc. Nice to meet you.

Weiss: You again?

Pyrrha: Nice to meet you, Jaune!

Jaune pushed her out of the way, before striking a stupid pose.

Jaune: Yeah, yeah. So, Weiss, couldn't help but overhear your fondness of me the other day.

Weiss: Oh, you've got to be kidding me!

This is an uncomfortable situation that I have been in more than one time. Being the second most famous person on Remnant, and also the fact that I am what people would call very attractive, I've had more than one guy try to get with me.

Jaune: Don't worry! No need to be embarrassed! So, been hearing rumors about teams! I was thinking you and me would make a good one! What do you say?

Me: Actually, I think the teams are comprised of four students each, so-

Jaune interrupted me, which I think is fairly rude.

Jaune: You don't say.

He advanced on me, making me even more uncomfortable.

Jaune: Well, hot stuff, play your cards right and maybe you could join up with the winning team.

He posed slightly again before I looked at him with an apologetic look.

Me: Jaune...

Jaune: What?

Me: Jaune, I'm gay...

Jaune slumped his shoulders, groaned, and walked away. After about ten seconds, we all started cracking up. The reactions on a guy's face when I tell him that his attempts at flirting were all for naught is always priceless.

Glynda: Would all first-year students please report to Beacon Cliff for initiation? Again, all first-year students report to Beacon Cliff immediately.

After hearing that, we all started filing out, ready to take on whatever they had in store for us.