Initiation Part 2

My mother always told me to listen to what Ozpin has to say, but she already told me what the initiation is, grab a relic, and get out. Besides, I was distracted by the adorableness that Ruby is radiating right now. She is scared of forming teams, and at the same time making adorable noises. Ozpin's voice tuned back into my mind.

"That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years."

I could hear Ruby's world shatter as she yelled out in surprise.

"Whaaaat?!"

I had to put my hand in front of my mouth to stifle the laugh that I almost let out. Soon, though, my face hardened again as I pulled Noctera from my back, leaving Solaris there for now.

Ozpin started launching us one by one, my heart started beating faster, filled with adrenaline at the thought of snuffing out even a small amount of darkness from this world. Fighting brings me joy, I don't enjoy fighting humans, but becoming a Huntress is going to have things I don't like to do.

I slowly brought Noctera to my side and slightly bent my knees in preparation for the flight I was about to take.

Ozpin launched me. I took in the sheer beauty that the Emerald forest offers, closing my eyes for a second and taking a deep breath, before ripping Solaris off my back, summoning its blade and slamming it into one of the trees on the way down, using it to spin around the trunk and landing in a crouched position on one of the branches. I took the area in, before listening in on the auditory queues around me, just barely hearing the sound of Grimm screeching in the distance, accompanied by the whirring sound that I have grown to know, the sound that a scythe offers.

I quickly lept off the tree, landing with a slight bend in my knees and my scythe on my side. In less than a second after my landing, I took off in the direction of the fight, dodging the trees, sliding under the fallen trunks, and jumping over the shrubs, swiftly lopping the head off of any Grimm that dared to oppose me.

I slid under a trunk that was overladen with leaves and small twigs. Before me was a beautiful clearing in the forest, the lush, green leaves on the trees complimented the flowers that bloomed just beneath them. The sun shone through the canopies of the trees, and the winds blew through them perfectly, offering a small rustling sound, that was almost relaxing. I say almost because also before me, stood the girl with the scythe that I saw in the locker room earlier fighting off a pack of beowolves. As I thought that, four Ursai poked their heads through the crooks in the trees.

I quickly joined the fight, enjoying the swishing sounds that our scythes made, sounding like a symphony in the wind. A symphony of death, destruction. It would be beautiful if it wasn't messed up.

We quickly cleared the lesser Grimm, and I turned my attention to the Ursai, who had been stalking their prey as they fought off the first wave. I stared one down, giving it a glare that would terrify even the evilest of men. Still, it didn't falter. They split off, going for their own separate prey. Two going for me, the others going for the other scythe wielder. I pulled Solaris' hilt off my back and summoned its blade, its crystalline form shone beautifully on the Ursa in front of me, its reflection lighting its dark fur, even if just a small amount.

I quickly slammed its blade into the ground and dragged it forwards. Sending shards of ice out in front of me, still, the Ursa didn't falter, but as it stepped on the shards, they quickly exploded upward, tearing straight into the Grimm's stomach. It's blackened blood spraying all over the ground below it as it slowly disappeared from existence.

Just as soon as it was gone, I dodged an attack from the second one, whipping both scythes into its right side. It let out an ungodly screech as it tried to bat me away, but right in the nick of time, I jumped in the air, did a flip, and punctured the bone mask on its face. It let out another roar as it too was gone from existence.

I threw my scythe to my side, flicking the blood off its blade, before putting it on my back. As I turned to look at my combat partner, my eyes met hers, and I offered a smile.

"I guess we're partners now."