Chapter 2 - To Live on Earth

As Onyx grew close to Earth, she cloaked the ship and made a near silent landing. Blue Topaz had saved her landing coordinates to her ship, so she returned to the same valley that she landed before. Uncloaking her ship as she landed, gathering her tools she stepped out the ship to pack it up and head towards the park. Once she got there she was approached by a human. "Excuse me miss." He said grabbing her attention. "Sorry I don't mean to bother but I wanted to offer some help." He said handing Onyx a bag. She looked confused for a moment until he explained. "I know you gems don't usually have a problem with carrying a lot of things around, but I thought this would make it easier for you." Onyx smiles as she packed the bag with all her tools and gadgets. "Thanks." She says putting the bag on her back and smiling to the man. "Not a problem happy to help a gem out." He smiled back and Onyx continued towards the center of the park. Originally not seeing Sodalite when she arrived Onyx looked up into a few of the trees and spotted Sodalite in one of them and called out to her. Sodalite jumped down and met Onyx with a hug. "I'm back." Onyx says with a smile. "Welcome back." Sodalite replies with a kiss then taking Onyx's hand. "Come I need to tell the team you'll be staying here." "Ok." Onyx says following Sodalite.                                                                                                                                                                                     Stepping inside the club house Sodalite summons her sword and bangs on the pillar vibrating the clubhouse and sending a signal to Hematite. Benitoite and Spinel come out into the main room with equal distaste at seeing Onyx again Sodalite not saying anything until Hematite arrive. All taking a seat as Sodalite with Onyx behind her made her announcement. "Shadow Gems, I have called you here to announce that Onyx will be here for an indefinite amount of time on a mission for her Diamond." Hematite all smiles while Spinel and Benitoite were uneasy. "Benitoite and Spinel I know you two are uneasy about Onyx's presence but in time you'll warm up to her, she's not out to get us or have us turned in." Sodalite says. "With that I will need your assistance with building her a room." "Isn't happening." Spinel says flatly. "I agree with Spinel, Sodalite." Benitoite says. "Guys..." Sodalite says but Onyx stops her. "I agree with them Sodalite." Onyx says much to surprise of them all. "I appreciate the welcome Sodalite but I'm not staying here. You all are a team and it takes a team vote to one accept me in, and two allow me to stay, whether you're the leader or not Sodalite." Onyx says. "Besides. You know me, I don't like being somewhere I'm not welcome." She says patting Sodalite on the back. "You can stay at my place if you want Onyx." Hematite chimes in. "Thanks, but no thanks Hematite. I rather have my own space. But I'll come by if I need help with anything." Onyx says making her way out the door. "I'll see you later Sodalite, Hematite." She says with a soft bow before summoning her hover board and making her way out. Once Onyx was out of sight Sodalite grew visibly angry. "Sodalite, you knew this wasn't going to work." Hematite says and Sodalite sighs. "I want to know why these two are so judgmental and refusing someone's company who has no ill will against them. Like they have room to judge someone that comes from the same roots we do." Sodalite says making her way towards her room. "Sodalite." Spinel says reaching out to stop her but Sodalite pushes her away with enough force to knock her over the couch and onto the floor. Slamming her door shut. "See Hematite I told you!" Spinel cries. "Onyx does nothing but cause turmoil and problems for everyone here." Hematite looks at Spinel and Benitoite with a not so happy glare. "Both of you are wrong and you know it." She says flatly. "You both owe Sodalite an apology for that blatant disrespect as our leader. That is not how you express your disagreement of something she wants and both of you know that." Hematite says making her way out shortly after her comment. "Why is it every time Onyx is involved, I feel like we are always in the wrong somehow." Benitoite says and Spinel shrugs. "I don't know."