A Second Chance [II]

Panic rushed through my body as I raced down the stairs; I could hear the hammering of my heart on my ears constantly drowning Andrew who was screaming my name as he followed close on my steps. Without the red gem my senses were sharper but either way I wasn't actually guiding myself with that but with the feeling I was feeling I was getting, this gut feeling that had started everything tonight.

Before I knew it I had somehow passed through the long hallway and ended on the back part of the motel, I walked this time slowly trying to decode what I was supposed to do next now that I saw that my gut feeling had lead me to nowhere.

"Stop right where you are, or I'll shoot you down." A voice said behind me.

I stopped cold on my tracks and didn't move.

"Look I don't have any money on me or anything like that, but my boyfriend will be here at any moment." I lied as I thought about it, I could easily outrun the bullet but that would be bound to draw more attention.

"I'm not interested in your bloody money, vamp." The voice said, it was clear to me that the voice belonged to a woman and that she was not a vampire or anything like that given that I could smell the two rare herbs coming from her, vervain and wolfsbane.

"You carry vervain and wolfsbane on you, why?" I asked curious for once, it was odd simple as that because I knew that she was not a huntress, not by how she was controlling the whole situation.

"I'll be the one asking the questions here, now turn around but do it slowly, I don't want you to try anything vamp." The woman ordered.

I rolled my eyes at her but eventually did as I was told.

When I turned around I wasn't really expecting to find this unusual sight in front of me, the woman was an elder lady with blonde hair and green eyes, to be honest she seemed extremely familiar to me but what really surprised me was the fact that she was holding a baby in her arms, it was him.

"Kyle." I said, his name rolling off my lips so naturally.

I didn't notice I had taken a step until the woman raised her gun making it click when she took off the safety lock.

"Stop right there and don't dare to take another step more." The woman said warning me.

It seemed that the volume of her voice had startled the baby waking him up; Kyle looked up until his blue eyes met mine.

He gave a small scream in delight as he started to struggle trying to free himself, after all he had my blood before, and our bond still existed.

I gave a small laugh as I felt my eyes get watery trying to fight the urge to walk up to him and take him in my arms.

"For how long you have been following us?" The woman snarled at me.

I blinked looking at her confused.

"I haven't been following you; I don't know who you are to begin with." I said in my defense as I thought about Andrew, what had held him back?

"Do you expect me to believe that all of this is a merely coincidence?" The woman told me, but I simply ignored her, my gaze set on Kyle who was now crying still struggling to be free from the woman's grip.

"Where did you find him?" I asked as I looked at Kyle, he seemed to be unharmed, but he was bigger than I last remembered.

Everything was pushing me towards him; I was practically yearning to have him in my arms.

"That is none of your business, but the boy seems to be familiar with you, why?" The woman asked me.

I smiled at Kyle.