It all changes in time

THIRD POV

    It started... well it started like any other day. Natalie woke up thinking about pretty blonde women and the things they could dot to her. She got into her suit and hit a convenience store so she had something for breakfast. Sure, Natalie could plan ahead... she just didn't like to.

    She caught sight of a book lying in a display case on the other side of the room. She couldn't read it from here, but she certainly knew the cover. It was handwritten - like the rest of the book. The Intricacies of Time by Edobard Thawne. She remembered her parents telling her the tale of how difficult it was to obtain that book - and how much it was worth it. It was the holy grail of information regarding time travel, a true masterpiece.

    It contained the feelings of being erased from time and how that worked - and how Edobard admitted that what happened to him was only so glamorous because of his extremely long displacement. The speed-force wanted him dead that much. It was a shame that they failed, really. She didn't realise how much that book foretold.

    She checked her calendar. Alex was coming over some time in the next week (yay!) But not today. So she had nothing to do and no one to do it with. Great. So she sat down and (because she's a nerd) read a book on nanites.

    Now then, Natalie wished for change in her life. She wanted something interesting to happen. She wanted... friends. She would end up with that. She wouldn't like the cost of it all.

   Her parents entered the room. The Dark Flash and Killer Frost. Barry Allen and Caitlin Allen. She loved them both dearly... although she was a bit jealous. They both had someone to enjoy life with. She was sure the life of a recluse was great fun with a partner. She didn't have one.

    "So, Natalie," Barry says. She looks up at her father's words. "Would you like to-"

    She watches in in silent horror as his words cut off. The words stop as the Dark Flash simply gets wiped from existence. Her mother doesn't get time to react. She gets wiped next. Natalie feels a twinge inside of her. But it's not just grief. Somewhere inside herself... she knows. She knows that she will be next unless she moves.

    So she runs. She runs as fast as she can. She stops on the outskirts of the city as everything hits her. She let's out a wail of sadness. During the pause her brain starts to process what happened. No! That can't be right, she thinks, I must have missed something!

    While she was most interested in materials she had learnt some forensics from her father. She certainly knew enough weird science from the two of them to learn something about where her parents have gone.

    As she ran back to S.T.A.R. labs she saw the blue mist that marked the beginning of a breach. She tried to stop herself to dissipate the breach but it was no use. She simply fell through the breach and stopped on the other side.

   She looked around the room. She recognised the room. It was of course Earth 26. And to just anywhere in Earth 26 but Alex's house. Convenient.  She sat down on a sofa to contemplate on the last 10 minutes. So her parents had disappeared and her first thought was death? Unlikely.

    They could have been kidnapped, replaced by holograms. They could have... they could have...

    She gets up. She's about to run when a voice interrupts her.

    "Natalie?" Alex says, having come to a stop next to her. He had run to her earth, only to find that she wasn't on it. So he just assumed she had gone to him first... And he was right. "Sis what's wrong?" he asked her, sitting down and putting a hand on her shoulder. 

    "My parents. They've been kidnapped, replaced by holograms or something. They just... faded... in the middle of a conversation." Natalie shook off the hand on her shoulder. She appreciated the gesture but now wasn't the time. "I have to get back. I have to get back," she murmured as she got up and began to pace back and forth. "I was running back to S.T.A.R. when I accidentally broke the barriers between dimensions. I tried to stop and just fell through the portal into here. I should be checking for evidence! Not lounging around!" She was about to run back, lightning firing through her veins.

    Alex took a hold of her causing her to stop. "Nat.... I can't see your earth. Its like you're timeline is just.... Gone. Its the same with my own, I can see my memories.... Because their my well memories. But if I like for my own timeline... Its completely different" he said to her. "DON'T go back.... There's no guarantee you will survive.... You might disappear like our parents..." he added.

    The lightning dissipates as fast as it gathered. She falls back. Backwards into the chair she sat in previously. She stares blankly for a second. She turns to face Alex. "Our..." she whispers... "Your parents went too?"

    Alex nodded. "Who ever did this.... Had enough power to erase the champion of the speed force. Dad... As well as mom" he replied."I am the sole Savitar of the multiverse now..." He added sadly.

    Natalie suddenly had a thought. "What if-" Her thought, her sentence, her actions were cut off. They were cut off by the most excruciating pain she had ever felt. (And this is coming from a woman who thought it would be fun to fail an infinite mass punch, therefore shattering most of the bones in her hand and arm) She fought it, letting out a scream of pain and frustration, but mostly pain. 

    She jerked forwards, instinctively trying to protect her centre - which knocked her forwards. She stopped herself with her arms and noticed her right arm. Or, more accurately, her seeming lack of it. She could feel it, she attempted to touch it. She could. But she couldn't see it.

    As the pain stopped she quickly extended backwards. She lent back against the sofa and took deep, hurried breaths. She lifted her right arm and watched as the colour simply faded back in. She looked up at Alex. They both knew what that meant.

    She was being erased from time...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'To be erased from time is a unique experience. An odd set of circumstances has to happen. An ancestor has to die before you were born. Once you are born, any thing else - even death - is seen by time as a change. To be erased is much more severe - and much to rare to dole out freely. That said, if the speed-force has an agenda... it always finds a way.' - Edobard Thawne, page 200 of The Intricacies of Time