Chapter 17: "Better Watch Your Nuts Little Squirrel"

~Trenton~
°Monday°

10:43am

As usual, I zoned out during my philosophy class. I thought about practice last Saturday and the plays I had to have down for Friday and began to doodle on my paper, mainly drawing out the plays. My teacher, Mr. Zander, was a very good teacher he was just... really boring. His voice remained muffled in the back of my head. There was a tap on my shoulder from behind. I looked. A classmate of mine, a girl, handed me a slip of paper. Her skin was peach colored and sun kissed, and her hair was blonde but brown at the roots. I unfolded it, and it revealed a number. Hers, I assumed due to the name Wendy being printed above it. I slid it in my pocket.
"Mr. Davis?" Mr. Zander called. My head snapped up as everyone's eyes began to get glued on me.
"Uh-uh yes sir?" I asked.
"I feel as though you were listening so very intently. Would you care to share with us the four pillars of philosophy?" He asked. Shit.
"I sure would." I smiled sarcastically. C'mon Trent, remember the pages you studied last night. I inhaled deeply. "Theoretical... practical, and um...." I began, shutting my eyes trying to visualize the pages I read. I was overcome with the feeling of him talking to my coach, which made it harder to think. "Logic and historical, right?" I pointed at him. He nodded in approval.
"Now, would you be willing to specify each for us?" He asked, smiling and folding his hands together. Damn it. I bit my lips, then suddenly it all just came to me.
"Theoretical philosophy focuses on metaphysics and epistemology, practical philosophy focuses on ethics, social, political philosophy and aesthetics, while logic and historical are pretty self explanatory." I shrugged. He smirked.
"Very nicely done Mr. Davis." He nodded slowly and continued his lesson. Yeah I sure fucking hope so.
After the hour long course, I put my earbuds in and headed out, dapping almost everyone up on the way out of class. There was another light tap on my shoulder. I removed my left earbud and turned around. It was the girl who gave me her number.
"What's up? Uh, Wendy right?" I asked. She smirked and nodded.
"Yeah. Uh, Mr. Davis right?" She said sarcastically.
"I personally prefer Trenton or Trent, but you can call me that if you really want to." I smirked. Her face began to turn red.
"Okay Trent. I'll be looking forward to a text from you."
"Yeah, for sure." I shrugged as we exited the class room.
"See ya around." She smiled and went the opposite direction of where I was going down the hallway. I put my earbuds back in and scrolled through my phone, looking at all of the unread messages still just sitting in my phone from 'groupies'. I only really communicated with sort of a decent amount of people. Yeah, being well known and the star player of the undefeated team in this state college was pretty nice and had its perks, but another part of me had been thinking about what's really going to be left after it all.
I wasn't worried about basketball, my grades were fine and the game is still better than ever. I had a couple of solid friends, others can with the flock as well as the girls. The girls see the recognition and popularity and just flow toward me, hence why I call them groupies. And it makes me think because sometimes I really do think about if there's really any female that will see me past all of the flashy recognition and popularity and really know who I am? It doesn't feel like it at this point in life... so I just go with the flow because at the end of the day I Kno what they want. They just want to be able to talk to others about how they slept with one of the most popular guys on campus. Most of them, anyways. I've met a few girls here and there that were actually really cool and had nice personalities, it's just...after the sex, things got awkward and they just became more and more distant.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not turning pussy down unless there's a good reason. It's just... I enjoy sex a lot and it seems as though that's all females want so I've just gotten use to being the same with them and just cutting to the chase unless things seemed different.
There was a forceful bump to my left shoulder as I walked down the hallway with my headphones blaring while absorbed in my phone. I snatched my headphones out and scowled.
"What the fuck--" I began as I looked behind me but stopped. The Alpha females walked together, and Victoria had shoulder bumped me. They all continued walking. My expression eased as I saw her face again, and I smirked a bit. Daiza looked over her shoulder at me.
"Better watch you nuts little squirrel." She chuckled and turned back around. Victoria peeked over her shoulder at me and smirked, then turned her head back around as they continued walking. I grinned stupidly and kept walking.
I exited the building and walked through the commons toward my dorm only to be called over by the team who sat on the edge of the large fountain in the middle of the commons.
"Trent!" Quint's voice shouted. I grinned and approached the team. between our classes, the starting five of us usually hung around campus either just kicking it or doing foolish things.
In our starting five, we were all pretty close friends. I was point guard, Quint was center, Liam was shooting guard, Anthony was power forward and Johnathan was small forward.
"Why are you walking around like your cat just died, man?" Quint chuckled and dapped me up. I laughed and shrugged.
"Just doin' my thing man. What are y'all up to?" I replied while dapping everyone else up.
"Coolin it." Liam said.
"Bro what did you do to land Victoria?" Anthony interjected.
"Wooaahhh!" John said, surprised. I squinted.
"What? I didn't land anybody what are you talking about?" I sat on the edge of the fountain as well.
"Bro everyone keeps saying that don't be like that." He said, making a face like I was lying.
"Anthony, my man, I usually don't talk too much about getting turned down but I kid you not, I tried getting put on with her already at the last party and she rejected me fast as hell and we haven't really talked like that since then. I honestly don't know what the hell is going on." I chuckled.
"Well it seems like she's got her eyes on you man, damn you're lucky." Quint grunted in a frustrated manner.
"What's so lucky about having her?" I asked. He shrugged.
"Shit, I don't know. What's crazy is that she's actually liking you back. From what I've seen and heard she's a hard one to get. She usually just has guys wrapped around her finger then to hell with them. And good luck if you've been trying to sleep with her and finally get the opportunity and have a small dick, R.I.P., pack up and leave the state man!" He bursted out laughing. I shook my head and chuckled.
"Good luck though." Liam shrugged.
She's really diggin' me now...?