Info

A/N I will take some creative liberties in this story. And I will ignore the T60 retcon which means it doesn't exist.

Also the military will mainly be armed with weapons from the 1950s and early 1960s

Okay on to the new nation.

New Appalachia

Capital: Charleston

Population: 42,069

Army

Active duty 3,000 men & women

Reserve 7,000 men & women

3,000 robots

Air Force: 5000 men & women

2000 robots

Nuclear Power with large tactical & strategic stockpile

Has chemical weapons including

White Phosphorus

Mustard

Sarin

Phosgene

VX

The Appalachian Republic was founded in 2107. 5 years after Vault 76 opened to the wasteland. Consisting of dwellers from the vault and wasteland survivors the nation has eradicated the scorchbeast threat with the missile silos in the region.

    With that over the well armed and smart dwellers began rebuilding prewar Appalachia starting with Charleston the capital. With the help of the Enclave's archives and a few mechanically talented citizens they got construction equipment back in running order. They began to clear Charleston of rubble and drained it of any standing water.

   Having done that the local infrastructure was next on the list having been neglected for almost 40 years.

Summerville dam was high on the priority list as even though it was blown up, It could still provide electricity to the region as the turbines were not destroyed. Concrete and steel from Grafton were shipped there to restore the dam to running order. The various railways around the area were cleared of rubble and restored back to running order. New steam engines were built in small numbers being compatible with pre war rolling stock.  Several new railways were built to replace the monorail in the cranberry bog being deemed not worth the materials to rebuild the elevator and various collapsed sections.  Passenger and freight services were started to decrease travel and shipping times in the region.

The roads and highways were also rebuilt so the military could rapidly deploy troops were the railways couldn't reach. The roads being made to withstand the weight of 6 tanks so they wouldn't tear up the roads using tracked vehicles.

When the army scouts found the SAC airbase. The Charleston and Morgantown airports were cleared to make way for the aircraft. Two C54s are used to transport high value individuals of the government between the areas.

Hardened bunkers and weapon pits were built at Charleston as that was were the bombers and strategic stockpiles of the republic were housed. The runways of both airbases were extended to accommodate the B47s and B29 bombers.

Harper's Ferry was where an arms factory was set up after the scouts found a Colt firearms factory and military arsenal. Guns, Shells, Bombs and ammunition were pouring out after several dwellers loaned their Excavator suits and hands to the operation.

The three missile silos were occupied again following the formation of the military. Having ICBM capabilities was considered overkill for the regional power but it was considered better than leaving them to be used by some random nut job.

Watoga was turned into a research center where the military and civillian labs were located. Originally set up by dwellers from vault 76 after the scorchbeast queen was killed the place is heavily fortified and protected.

The Whitespring Bunker has been designated as the governments bunker incase of emergency. The Air force and army maintain staff there as the nations air defense system is hooked up there.