Sanemi | The Night We Met

Now playing: The Night We Met by Lord Huron

-------

| "I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you." |

| "Take me back to the night we met." |

| "I don't know what I'm supposed to do, haunted by the ghost of you." |

| "Oh, take me back to the night we met." |

-------

💜 Sad and Angst. I guess there's no fluff here :(( u might need tissues because I cried while writing this.

Also,, muted curses ahead 😅

-------

(Classic Demon Slayer AU)

(There will be a bit of my OC'S power mixed later in the story. She's a mineral pillar by the way ;))

"(name)-san, Sanemi-kun has arrived." Mitsuri said and I lit up in excitement.

"Where is he?" I hurriedly took my present for him wrapped in special paper and ribbon as I sprang up on my feet, ready to dash.

"In the headquarters." She replied cheerily. "Good luck!"

I nodded at her and in a split second, I ran towards the headquarters. My heart beat accelerated the moment Mitsuri mentioned his name, and my adrenaline couldn't stop flowing out.

Gosh I missed him so much.

I stopped and tried to catch my breath as I look around searching for him. When my eyes found him my hands couldn't stop shaking.

It's pointless. He'll turn you down again. You thought. But no, Sanemi's birthday had passed and you weren't able to give him on time so you decided to give it to him today.

I took a deep breath as I moved my feet towards him. The other Hashiras had noticed me coming and they motioned to leave.

All the Hashiras know about our relationship. Well, let's say our one sided relationship. We aren't official by the way. People say that I shouldn't get too obsessed over him, but I just can't.

When they left, Sanemi looked up at me and his face fell in a frown.

"What are you doing here?" Ha asked, sounding a bit upset.

"Well maybe to welcome you back?" I said while chuckling a bit. "I'm glad you're successful with the mission."

"Tch. What do you expect? I didn't become a Hashira to be some sh-ty demon's food."

I placed a hand over my mouth. "Shh, language."

I sat beside him and he scoffed.

"How was your mission with Giyuu?" I asked. "I guess it's tough cause you both don't get along too well.."

"T'was hell." he spat. "I hate the gut of that blank faced guy."

You laughed. "Are you feeling better now?"

"Hell no."

Your eyes widened. "Why not?"

"You're not any better compared to Giyuu. You both piss me off."

I froze in my place. My heart slowly sank. My breath hitched.

Ouch.

"O-Oh well I'm sorry about that.." I fiddled with my haori. "But hey! At least I'm not blank faced, right?"