(B-Day Special) Sanemi | Red

Now playing: Red by Taylor Swift

———————

| “Losing him was blue like I'd never known,” |

| “Missing him was dark grey, all alone.” |

| “Forgetting him was like trying to know somebody you never met.” |

| “But loving him was red.” |

———————

💗 Fluff and slight lime

———————

Classic Demon Slayer AU

“Ugh!” you whined. “Sanemi! Where are you?”

You huffed out an irritated puff. Sanemi’s always like this; very unpredictable. One second he wants to stay with you, then the next second he goes off everywhere.

“Missing boyfie again?” you heard Shinobu ask from behind. Whipping your head to turn to her, you pouted.

“Shinobu-san, I don’t know about Sanemi anymore. It’s like...he’s not emotionally stable around me.” you sighed. “It’s like he couldn’t keep a simple promise to me. He only talks to me if he wants to, but I don’t think he thinks of me as someone important.”

“Don’t be like that, silly.” Shinobu patted your shoulder. “I may not be the love pillar, but this is what I can tell you: try to understand him. I know deep inside that he loves you, (name). You just need a little more digging.”

You looked down on the ground while thinking, then you looked up at Shinobu with a small smile. “I’ll try. Thanks Shinobu-san!”

After that you skipped over to find your boyfriend. Feeling positive and empowered by Shinobu’s words, you were determined to be with your boyfriend again. You are the type of person who gets discouraged very easily, but with good coaxing your mind can change in an instant.

“Sanemi-kun?” you called out while peeking out of the woods. There you saw Sanemi sitting alone, his back facing you.

You walked over to him. “Hey, what’s up with you being so lonely?”

He looked up at you and stood up. “(name).”

Your arms encircled his waist as you pulled him in a warm hug. “I missed you.”

“Hm,” was his only response while hugging back.

“You didn’t missed me?”

He looked at you then looked away. “No, not really.”

His words pierced your heart. This man is too straightforward and critically honest.

“Why not?” you snuggled deeper into his chest.

He stayed silent while looking ahead. You sighed and let go of him.

“What’s wrong Sanemi? You seem off than usual. Am I bothering you too much?”

He looked at you and shook his head. “No.”

“Then what’s the problem? You rarely even talk to me! You don’t even miss me!” you raised your voice.

“I’m not—”

“You know what, if you don’t want me in your life anymore then tell me! Don’t play hide and seek because it’s not fun.”

You glared at him before storming away from him and towards wherever your feet will lead you. You eventually stopped in the headquarters and sat down, crying.