13. present @ life stake

Prae is surprised to see Arthit unable to concentrate in the meeting. Thankfully, the man can keep up a facade well and prae makes it a point to record everything during meeting , so that key points can be addressed later. Her boss is so lost that he orders iced coffee instead of his regular milk tea and drinks it with a faraway look on his face.

" How many more meetings to attend today?

Arthit who never askes this question ever .. asks it today confirming praes doubt there is trouble in paradise..

" are you feeling alright ..?" They are just done with their second meeting and one more to go. They have caught the early morning flight to Japan, the investors called upon emergency meetings which went on and on..and now hopefully they can have their lunch, after their whirlwind morning session ..

" Not really, I am having a headache ..Prae.. ( it's basically body ache esp a specific body part) , I think I will go back finishing this.. to Thailand... before going to china..Do you think you can arrange that..?"

" Sir, that's not really possible , tomorrow we have the final talk with the CEO regarding the acquisition of the new plant here which is around 150kms away..you need to visit the site and then immediately we are leaving for China the next day..I can arrange for you to leave after the china trip and can cancel the Malaysia visit for this month postponing it to next month..will that be ok.." prae kind of understands his dilema..for the first time Arthit rojanapat looks vulnerable and soft..

Its not ok for Arthit but he cannot do away with his duties..not only he is the best negotiator for the deals in his company, he can speak Japanese and Chinese fluently .,.putting everything in an advantageous position for his company and this solar energy project which is very close to his heart.

Kong must not think he is escaping through work , he accepts he had planned to do exactly that..but these trips were a necessary emergency..and not part of any plan. Sadly, they have separated at a point when his long term status quo nong suddenly blurted out that he had always seen a lifetime with him..and was always ready for commitment.

Basically, he understood it now clearly that , Kong was just playing along with him for all these years keeping his own feelings aside just not to freak him out . He can't help but feel regret for Kong, has he always made him suffer through all this time, never giving him true happiness by not opening up himself..

Arthit understands that they need to speak soon because after the initial anger at betrayal and then guilt ..what he has felt after is some unknown somersaults inside his heart..a happy giddy feeling. He just cannot believe he has failed to understand or blocked himself to realise that he always misses and cares about that certain someone so much.

He himself doesn't know when he has started thinking their future together in everything he does from a long time ago.. the new house , the job promotion everything that has happened or he is planning next in his life has Kong as the integral part of it.. so what is it that keeping him away to say the words of commitment other than his own insecurities..

He, infact got up in the middle of the night, again in pain due to that certain someone's excessive love making but seeing him sleeping snuggling close to him,all innocent ..his exposed skin inviting him ..Arthit had given into the temptation and marked him his..

..when he had bitten and sucked the exposed neck and collar bone..Kong,deep in sleep have only mumbled something gibberish and went back to sleep... Arthit had taken his medicine and promptly have snuggled upto him to slip into deep slumber .. feeling much better..pouting kongpob is his another weakness too..

Morning again, negative thoughts have invaded his mind clouding his good mood..he regrets that now..he had not failed to see the hurt in Kong's eyes as he had withdrawn again into his shell of self preservation..