The Beginning

Ashley's P.O.V

It was now 6 P.M. After James left I had taken a shower and tried to sleep but my nervousness was just too strong to let me do so. After all, due to my turning a lot of people might get hurt, especially the boys whom I now considered my family.

"Ashely?" Michael called from the door. I hm-ed as I looked up from the book that I brought as a distraction from the library.

"We are going in a few minutes. As we need to set up before the woofies." Michael informed me and I stood up from the chair I was sitting on. I walked to the doorway and followed Michael downstairs.

I saw everyone moving around the house. Stranger everywhere who had come to help. Connor was passing by. He looked at me and smiled. Though it seemed the smile was forced but like who would be happy at this moment. I could tell that everyone was nervous here.

"We are doing one last check before going," Michael stated. He probably saw my confused face. I nodded.

I walked to the living room aka lounge and Michael followed me. It was way more crowded than the hallway. Different people from different groups we are here to help us and I was really overwhelmed by that. Michael walked off to help someone.

As I walked through the huge lounge, looking for the other boys some people looked at me and some smiled. As I was to the heart of the room, I saw James with Ashton and the rest of the 5sos boys sitting on the couch. They were discussing something. I walked to them and their eyes turned to me. I sat at the only empty place beside Luke.

"Hey, Ashley!" Luke and Calum greeted me, trying to sound cheerful. I just smiled a little and they continued talking. They were talking about some communication but I didn't listen and zoned out.

I was looking at my lap while fiddling with my hands. But all this time I could feel someone's eyes on me. I looked up, have enough of the awkward feeling and saw James staring at me. I felt my cheeks burn. I don't know how this guy got so much confidence. Man, like his eyes never left my figure. He was staring at me like a hawk.

"...And James are you listening to me?" Ashton asked James, annoyed after he finished his speech or something. James broke his staring contest and looked at Ashton.

"Uh, yes. I was listening." James answered quite proudly. Ashton raised an eyebrow.

"So tell me what was I speaking about right now." Ashton sassily said. Now James is as good as dead. I stifled a laugh as I saw James's eyes moving around trying to find help.

"Um..." James looked at Ashton apologetically. Ashton sighed and pounced at him. He gave James playful punches on his torso while James laughed.

*************

It was now only me left in this house. Everyone left around 6:30. It was now 8 P.M. I was making something to eat because I was hungry as the boys didn't pity me and left nothing for me.

I made my way to the lounge to watch some Netflix while eating. Suddenly, the house seemed a lot bigger without the boys. I sighed and turned on the TV.

'They would have already arrived there.' I thought. I was staring at the television in front of me but my focus was on something else. I could hear distant noises as I sat there alone. But my attention was drawn back to the movie, Bird Box as the interesting part came.

Suddenly, a crashing sound came from my left. I flinched and immediately looked to find the source of the sound. My hand instinctively reached to the gun that was given to me by Tristan. It was tucked in my waistband. Don't ask why.

I stood up and slowly made my way to the door of the lounge that led to the backyard. It was the place where the crash came. The gun was now in my hand. It was no normal gun. I shot could kill any creature as Tristan told me. I pulled the safety off the gun and peeked out the opened window beside the door.

It was all dark. Nothing was there beside trees. Out of the blue, I saw something flash in the furthest of left. I saw a pair of red eyes staring at me. My eyes widened and I pulled the gun up but kept it hidden from the intruder's view.

I was not going outside the house. I am not that dumb to not understand that every killer finds the weak spot of their prey. I was safe inside and that was it.

The pair of eyes that were far away were suddenly in front of me. It was a creature I couldn't name but it had almost red skin with some places that looked as if they had rotten. It smelled rotten too. I gasped when it smirked and I seemed to be pulled in a trance. The gun lowered. I yellow jagged teeth came in view once the smirk became a full twisted grin.

A cat meowed out of nowhere and I pulled the gun up and shot the creature. It's face twisted and it fell backwards. I closed the window and went back to the couch. I felt bad but I had to do it.

――――――――――――――――――

I felt itching inside me. An itch I couldn't scratch away. I looked around me. Everything seemed to be floating.

Pain struck my head and I clutched it in my hands. I stumbled as if the ground under my feet moved. The pain was unbearable. I started seeing black spots in my vision. My knees gave up and I feel down on them. My breathing was becoming ragged. I gasped for air as an intense pain shoot up through my stomach and spreading all over my body like wildfire. I screamed out loud. I felt myself slipping from consciousness but just when I was about to pass out an invisible force seemed to jerk me awake.

The pain subsided a little and I stood up using a chair for help. I was in my room. My mind when blank from the pain but my legs started working on their own and took me downstairs. With some stumbling and hitting my knee against something, I was downstairs. I looked at the hallway window and saw that my eyes had turned like a cat's with slits in them I mean. They were yellow in colour but I could see the red mixing in them like a drop of paint in water. My skin was sickly pale. My hair was in a mess but it's cool tho. I walked to the living room and my eyes moved to the clock hanged on the wall. It was 11:44. I noticed that my eyes were a lot more focused and could see even the particles that floated in the air clearly. Same goes for my hearing and nose. 

A rotten smell suddenly hit my nose. It smelled like a rotten fish mixed with the smell of blood. I walked towards the smell and opened the back door. On the right rested a dead body. I instantly regained my memory of killing this creature. I felt guilty but my face was stoic. 

My gaze turned to my shadow and I stared at it for a bit. My eyes looked for the source of the shadow and I saw the moon appearing from the clouds. Something inside me was ignited as a low growl left my mouth. The itch started again and the pain kicked in. I screamed but only an animalistic whimper left my mouth. Tears brimmed my eyes as I felt the bones in my legs shift from their place. 

The next thing I know, I'm running at an unimaginable speed to Moonstone Hill.

A/N~

Ashley will now head towards a change that will transform her life forever. And as it is clear that a war will happen I might as well give a spoiler. 

Someone will die. (well a lot of werewolves aka woofies and vampires will die but I'm talking about a specific person) 

You will find out soon.

Thanks for reading.

And we hit 1k reads! Yay everyone thanks for reading this story! I'm really happy that I gave my bestie a mini-party type of thing, lol. But, anyway, thank you again for reading this and I love you all my readers.

Total Count: 1441