II. Six Months Later

It's been six months since I've left Seoul.

Six months since I last saw Gong Tae Kwang.

I wouldn't lie, living in the US for a while had taken my mind off things. I was able to do a lot of things I never had the chance to, and at the same time, regain my identity as myself. Only this time, my name was no longer Lee Eun Bi.

"Go Eun Bi!"

I glanced up from my book. I had taken a walk around the park that afternoon, and found a good reading spot in a corner. Time must've really passed me by, because the sun had already set.

"Han Yi An! How have you been?" My sister's best friend stood in front of me with his gym bag slung over his shoulder. "It's been a long time."

"I'm good. You look better, Eun Bi."

His words made me grin. "I do feel better. Are you coming back from training?"

He nodded enthusiastically. "Ne. I heard from Eun Byul that you came back to Seoul, so I was actually hoping to run into you soon. Are you back for good?"

"Ne. I've already enrolled in Seungri High School."

"That's a couple hours away from Seoul."

"True. But it's easy to take the bus or subway going there."

He paused for a moment, seemingly pondering over what to say next. "Is Eun Byul-"

"She's still in the States, but I bet you already knew that. You talk almost everyday, don't you?"

Yi An's face turned red, clearly embarrassed at my teasing.

"Ani, that's not- we don't-"

I slapped his arm lightly. "Ya, Han Yi An. If there's anything I've learned, it's that you should tell people how you truly feel. Life's too short, wouldn't you agree?"

He glanced at me with an unreadable expression on his face, before he let out a long breath.

"Eun Bi. I know what I said before-"

I cut him off. "Is this about the medal?"

He hesitated, before nodding once.

I sighed inwardly in relief. It's only been three days since I got back to Seoul, but I was glad to put this behind me sooner rather than later. "Han Yi An. Back then, we were both confused with ourselves and our feelings. You couldn't distinguish where Eun Byul started and Eun Bi ended in your head. Whereas I basked in the love and attention you and others bestowed upon me, because you all thought I was Eun Byul. I guess I lost myself for a while too, when I lived unnie's life."

Yi An stared at me blankly. "So what is it that you're trying to say?"

I turned to him with a small smile, before reaching out to touch his arm. "That I understand what you aren't saying. You've come to terms with your feelings too, haven't you?"

Understanding lit up in his eyes. "Ne, I think I have. It seems to me that you have done the same."

I felt it again, that familiar pain in my chest."That I did. But unlike you, my feelings will be my burden to bear. You still have a chance, Yi An. Tell her."

He looked down at the hand on his arm, before smiling wryly. "You have no idea how much this means to me, Eun Bi. Thank you."

"That's what friends are for, right?"