Part 1

Part 1

"ATTENTION SHOPPERS! THE STORE IS APPROACHING CLOSING TIME, SO PLEASE PROCEED TO A CHECKOUT LINE WITH YOUR PURCHASES. THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING AT SHOPAHOLICS!"

Paying rapt attention to the message blared over the intercom, Kori Eaton remained in her usual hiding place, patiently waiting for everyone to vacate the expansive building. Glancing at her Mickey Mouse watch, she noticed the time -- 8:40 p.m. Based on the last few nights she'd spent there, she knew that the evening shift employees usually vacated by a quarter to ten. At that time, she would have the versatile department store all to herself.

An hour later, Kori unzipped the large navy blue tent and peeked out. Looking from side to side and straight ahead, she intently listened, pleased to be greeted with only silence. The young woman crawled out of the tent and stood to her full height, languidly stretching her just four inches passed five feet petite frame.

After finishing her stretches, Kori proceeded to quietly walk throughout the entire store in order to guarantee that she was completely alone. One could never be too careful. Though the lighting was now a bit dimmer since the store was closed, she could still easily see as she ambled through the many aisles and sections of Shopaholics. Ending at the restrooms as she always did, Kori slipped inside the door that held a picture of a stick figure with a skirt on.

After quickly taking care of some important business, she selected a sink and thoroughly wash her hands as she peered at her reflection, seeing a twenty-five year old sporting spiritless hazel eyes complete with faintly dark circles under them. Rosy full lips which had lost the ability to genuinely smile months ago, released a soft sigh as Kori turned off the water before grabbing a paper towel.

She was about to toss the towel in the trash bin and leave when something in the mirror caught her eye. Peering into it, she noticed that the door to a stall had opened a crack. It was open just enough that Kori could detect a single light blue eye peeking at her. Now who was that and what were they doing in her store? Okay, it wasn't her store but she was supposed to be the only vagabond living in it! The nerve of some people.

"Are you playing hide and go seek?" Kori asked while still looking at the eye through the mirror. Though she didn't receive a swift reply, the door began to open revealing a figure. Hazel eyes opened wider as Kori practically stared at the image behind her via the mirror. And what a delightful looking figure it was! She did a quick inspection of the person from head to toe while trying to remember if she had ever seen anyone so breathtaking. She had a strong feeling that the answer was no.

Slowly turning around, Kori felt her bottom pressing against the edge of the sink as she openly admired the leggy, curvaceous, blonde bombshell before her. Her libido, which had been frozen solid for a while, suddenly began to unthaw. Did I forget that I died? Because she has to be an angel. Since neither of them had spoken a single word since her unanswered question, Kori decided to try again.

"Um...are you mute or something?" She nearly rolled her eyes at the question that spewed from her mouth before her brain could process it. Way to go, Eaton. She's gonna be putty in your hands now! She inwardly groaned in response to the semi dirty look the inquiry earned her.

"No, I'm not mute," answered a low sultry voice that made the young woman weak in the knees. Unfortunately, she evidently didn't find it necessary to offer further explanation.

"So, what are you doing here?" The expression on Kori's face turned curious as she observed a lovely shade of red coloring the wavy-haired blonde beauty's cheeks.

Though she was blushing, the woman managed to haughtily reply, "I don't see where that's any of your business. Now, if you will excuse me I must be on my way." Not bothering to wait for a reply, she brushed past Kori and headed for the door, quickly tossing a small box, which had been concealed in her hand in the trash.