Part 7

***With the addition of this chapter, I no longer felt right keeping a PG-13 rating on this story, so it's been upped to an R.  Keeping my fingers crossed that those reading this story will be able to find it and will enjoy this update.  Please carry on ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You must be still, Whitney!" After erasing a tiny error, Kori mock glowered at her friend.

Seeing straight through the artificial expression, Skylar stuck her tongue out, something she couldn't recall ever doing unless one of the goofy pictures she and Kori made in the photo booth counted. "Aye, Eaton!" Saluting the small artist, Skylar then put her arm back where it was supposed to be.

Putting the final touches on her drawing, Kori signed her signature in the bottom right-hand corner, before putting her few supplies away and using a baby wipe to clean the residue left on her hands from the charcoal. Keeping the finished drawing attached to her sketchpad, she moved over to her friend, who was still resting on her side, though her legs were pressed together now. Wordlessly, she handed her latest work over for inspection. Accepting it, Skylar smiled at the woman before she turned her attention to the sketch.

A loud gasp escaping her, blue eyes swept across the image on the paper. A camera positively could not have captured her this well. It was almost like looking into a lead and charcoal based mirror. Sitting up and facing Kori, the blonde set the sketchpad next to her, before gently taking the other woman's ingenious hands in her own and lightly kissing the palm of each one. Looking into the artist's eyes, Skylar shook her head, thoroughly amazed.

"You have such a wondrous talent, Kori. A talent that others should be knowledgeable of. I swear that your work will be shown in a gallery by this summer. I'm personally going to see that it happens."

Kori smiled, giving a squeeze to the hands still entangled with her own. "You don't have to do that."

"I know I don't have to, but I want to. I want everyone to appreciate just how talented and special you are, Kori," after a short pause she added in a whisper, "I need to do that."

Tears forming in her eyes, Kori slipped her hands out of Skylar's before cupping her face and gazing into her eyes while a few seconds ticked by. "And I need to do this." Exhibiting just what this was, she tenderly pressed her lips to the blonde's, gladdened when she didn't pull away. Instead, the lips merged with her own increased the contact as long arms wrapped around her naked waist, drawing her closer. Moving to a kneeling position and staying connected with Skylar's mouth all the while, Kori wound her arms around her companion's neck. Her tongue was about to slip its way past soft lips when Skylar pulled back. Kori nearly sighed, thinking that her tongue never quite reached its destination.

"What's the matter?" she asked a little breathlessly.

"I...we can't do this," Skylar replied, trying to ignore the warm tingling sensation along her lips. That kiss was even better than the last one. No doubt about it, being in Kori's presence was proving to be dangerous. She just didn't know if she had enough determination to stop. I definitely should, Skylar internalized. I know I should, but I don't want to.

"Why?"

"Because I'm getting married in less than twelve hours to the man who is going to be the father of my baby."

"A man that you don't even love. A man who is incapable of eliciting passion in you."

Skylar shook her head. "Don't start again, Kori. It's settled. I'm going through with this wedding no matter what you deem my feelings toward Brad."