Part 3

NURSES POV:

 " I'm telling you. This kid is what you've been looking for. They are even willing to prove to me they can do as they say."

 I pace around the employee break room, phone pressed to my ear. " Yes, I understand it's been a while - and short notice - uh huh..." I hate it when she cuts me off. I'm not incompetent!  It's hard to find the kind of people she's looking for. This kid is it though. I'm sure of it.

 my heart skips a beat as what she is saying hits me. " Y-you want ME to train them?" I know she means for me to get proof of the kids' abilities before she spends the extra money and time on them, but I've never been in charge of this part of the process. What am I even supposed to do?

 " yes.. yes ma'am. I'll do my -" The phone goes silent. She's hung up on me again!

 I take a deep breath looking around the room.  I'm usually just in charge of covering up the kidnapping and getting rid of the parents... How am I supposed to train a kid? I pace around the room, griping my phone tightly. I'll have to figure it out. Nobody disappoints the boss and lives.

* * * *

MAIN CHARACTERS POV:

 " Jasper!" I yell, looking around his night realm studio. " Jasper, I need to talk to you!"

 Hearing no answer, I walk over to his easel. There's a new picture. A drawing of jasper making objects float with his mind while a faceless person watches with their arms crossed. " Odd." The drawing seems to be nearly finished. " I'll never understand the artists' minds."

 I look around the studio more closely. Everything seems a bit blurry. Almost as if none of it is quite real. " That makes sense," I mumble to myself, making a chair appear and sitting on it. He's not quite here yet. probably just starting to become lucid in this realm. I make myself comfy, facing out one of the huge windows. He's always taken a long time to become lucid in this realm. it's going to be a while.

 Thirty minutes later Jasper appears directly in front of his easel, rolling his shoulders and taking a few deep breaths. Completely unaware I am behind him.

 " Jasper, I have news!" He jumps, spinning on his heels to face me. " Don't sneak up on me like that! you almost woke me up."

 I chuckle under my breath. " Sorry, but I've been waiting a while and have something important to tell you.

After walking jasper through my conversation with the psych nurse I now know is named Ted, Jasper takes a breath, not looking at me in the eyes. " Are you sure you can trust him?"

 " Did you not just hear what I said? Ted has worked with people like us before. He believes me and thinks he can help me. He said he can get me out of the hospital. I just need to show him that I really can jump realms so his boss can get involved."

 Jasper fiddles with his fingers. I don't think this is a good idea. Who is his boss? How has he worked with special abilities before?"

 " He's part of a secret organization that helps people with special powers gain control of them. He says everyone who works there also has powers and can help us with ours without having to go to the organization itself. "

" I think he's lying." jasper plays with a burn scar on his arm. tracing the two lines over and over again with his fingers. those marks always bother me. he swears they are nothing, but they keep appearing in different places. possibly self-harm? he looks at me suddenly with an intense look of his face.  " I think you should run the other direction before something bad happens."