second meeting

nervousness.

jeno had been preparing for this since last night, yet he felt swirls in his chest. all that time thinking about what would and could happen was of no use to his head and heart at the moment. yes, jaemin made his heartbeat quicken and yes, jaemin made his head turn into an endless abyss of curiosity as to why. why did he have that effect on him? did he feel the same when they first met?

it was currently lunch and jaemin was sitting at the same table as always with his friends. jeno was standing from quite a distance and could only make out jaemin because of his peachy hair. a sudden light shove against his own shoulder made jeno gasp and he turned around to see mark.

"wassup, lover boy," the canadian teased. the latter just sighed and peered back at their table again. "you're so obvious, go say hi to him."

jeno shook his head back and forth furiously with a pout, "i can't just do that! what if he doesn't want me there."

"do you think i care? i'll come with you if it means anything. i'd be a loner without you anyways."

the younger male opened his mouth to reject the suggestion, but mark had already grabbed his arm and was dragging him there. "wait no—"

"oh, hi mark."

well, shit.

"and jeno. i was hoping you'd come," the said boy noticed how jaemin's voice softened when he spoke to him. there was a huge smile on his face and jeno's lips curled up too. he was wearing a white hoodie with black angel wings in the middle, which made him look fluffier than he already was.

"for fuck's sake, you finally showed up. this whore always talks about you," a guy with rainbow and brown coloured hair sneered. jeno was slightly taken aback, but nodded in agreement. he was a coward and he definitely owned up to that. he scanned everyone's faces quickly and looked to his side at mark. there were literal hearts coming out of his eyes. jeno nudged him in the rib and gave a knowing look.

"sorry about hyuck, he's kind of a bitch. grab a chair and sit! i'll introduce you to everyone." jaemin's cheek was on his hand and the smile on his face never went away. jeno took a chair from a nearby table and mark did the same. jaemin scooted his seat over so that there was room for jeno to sit. he sat down between a boy with blond hair and jaemin. mark sat down beside the rainbow haired male and jeno raised his brows up at him.

jaemin clapped his hands together, "okay! the boy beside mark is donghyuck. he comes off as rude, but he's actually really nice."

"i'm a fairy," donghyuck smiled and mark looked his way with a face that said 'he's so pretty'.

jeno grinned and jaemin squealed, "your smile is so cute!" jeno shook his head no and the younger male smacked his arm. "it is. don't deny it or i'll hit you again."

"okay," jeno mumbled.

"you said something! i'm—"

"jaemin, stop fanboying over everything he does," renjun laughed and the others joined. he blushed, the tips of his ears turning pink.

"anyways, you already know who renjun is. he's a devil that looks like an angel," he snickered. "the blondie beside you is jisung. he's shy and has a crush on the other blondie at that table," jaemin pointed at another group of boys and jeno saw who he was crushing on. jisung sunk into his chair and munched on his chips in silence.

"and for those of you who are stupid, this is jeno. he's adorable when he smiles and always denies it." jeno just nodded. "that's mark, he's good looking, and he has nice cheekbones."

"i noticed," donghyuck smirked, "he's a cutie." mark was immediately flustered and he looked down at his lap.

sudden conversation started and everyone was busy amidst themselves. mark was talking to jaemin about their studies and jeno then realized that he had no idea what he was majoring in. donghyuck, renjun, and jisung were bickering as to whether jisung should say hi to his crush or not. jeno sat silently and listened into the ongoing chatter at the table. it's not that he didn't want to talk, he just didn't know what to say. he was now dazed and thinking about jaemin.

"hey, jeno," jaemin called out. jeno hummed in response and looked at the boy next to him. "can i have your number? that way we can communicate through more ways than one. i'm not saying that i wanna stop exchanging letters, but, well, you get my point."

jeno couldn't stop the smile growing on his face. he nodded and ruffled his hair around. jaemin opened his phone and handed it over. "i'm glad i met you, jeno."

"me too, jaemin. me too."