third meeting

"hi, jaemi—"

and jeno got tackled with a hug. jaemin's arms wrapped around jeno's torso tightly, his head nuzzled on top of jeno's right shoulder. jeno was taken back by the sudden action and could feel blood rushing up to his cheeks. jaemin was warm and smelled of cologne.

it was things like these that made jeno's heartbeat go haywire. there was a constant swirling in his chest and he felt like he could do seven backflips right then and there. he had no idea as to what was going on with him, but he liked it and didn't want it to stop.

"i told you i needed hugs," jaemin mumbled softly.

jeno moved away from the hug tenderly, his hands gliding down with ease to his lower back. "i'm not complaining." jeno smiled small and jaemin was in awe.

"i'm sorry my place is a mess, i've been too lazy to clean." jeno stepped further into the dorm and jaemin followed with a curt nod. the younger removed his shoes and scurried behind jeno. it was his first time in the place, although it was the same as his own except mirrored. there was a blanket dangling off a small leather couch and wrappers from food littered across a glass coffee table. papers were splayed out on the floor with pens and pencils beside it. a random sock was on the ground and jaemin giggled. he was a typical university boy.

"i was kind of expecting this from you," jaemin spoke while laughing.

a dusty pink flourished across jeno's face at his laugh. his voice was deep and his smile was adorable. everything about him made him flustered. he sat down on the sofa and jaemin sat down close by him.

"wanna watch a movie?" jeno asked. he wasn't sure what else they could do.

"sure," jaemin grabbed the brown blanket and threw it over himself, spreading it out onto the boy beside him. his fingertips trailed across jeno's thigh for a split second and jaemin looked up to see his face right in front of his own. they were dangerously close, it would only take the tiniest movement for their lips to meet. jeno shied away, blushing furiously and jaemin jerked away. "ah, sorry." jaemin winced at himself. he sounded feeble and felt stupid.

"jaemin," jeno spoke lowly. the younger was caught off guard by it and made eye contact with the ravenette letting out a hum.

this was it.

"can i kiss you?"