Chapter 7

Your POV

Four hours later....

I waited nervously outside of Mei's door. Himeko and Theresa went off to authorize Wendy's procedure, leaving me to explain the situation to Mei. 

"Just get it over with Y/N. The faster you explain this the quicker you can get to Wendy's side." 

I took a deep breath before knocking on her door. A few seconds later the door opened revealing Mei in nothing than a sports bra and really short..shorts. My face heated up as I stood there with my mouth open.

"Um Y/N?" Mei cleared her throat gaining my attention

"S-Sorry. Anyway I came to inform you that Bronya is a spy and may come after you. Because of that I have been assigned as your body guard." 

"What? I never would've thought Bronya would be a spy.."

"I know." 

She paused for a few seconds before going to speak only to clutch her head in pain. 

"Mei? Are you okay?"

I took a step towards her and her head shot up revealing her bright purple eyes. My eyes widened as I immediately took a step back. 

"Mei control yourself." I stated but it was more like a plead 

"My knight is finally my bodyguard~" She giggled placing her hands on both of my cheeks, "That pesky wind herrscher won't get in my way. I will claim you as my little knight!"

I couldn't move. It was like I was frozen in place. She slowly began to lean in, her lips mere centimeters from mine.

"Leave her alone Mei."

Mei froze at the sound of Himeko's voice. I turn around to see Himeko's eyes changed from her normal ruby red to a bright orange. My eyes widened as a wave of honkai energy hit me. Wait..Himeko couldn't be a herrscher could she? Mei glared at her and Himeko's heels clacked against the floor as she walked towards us. She ripped me away from Mei's arms and pushed me into her chest, slightly suffocating me. 

"Let her go. She's MY knight not yours." Mei growled reaching for me

"No she's not. She belongs to," Himeko paused refusing to continue for a few seconds, "Wendy."

"She is not worthy of her! She is too weak! Getting overpowered by some mere humans!"

"Do not forget that you too were captured by humans. Now there's a bomb in your host's neck making sure you will never fully come out." 

Sensing the tension between the two I tried to wiggle out of Himeko's grasp. Sadly this only caused her to tighten her grip. 

"P-Please let me go. You're starting to suffocate me." 

After a minute of debating she finally let go. I stepped away from the two nervously.

"H-Himeko?" She turned to me breaking the stare off she was having with Mei, "Shouldn't you be helping authorize the surgery?"

"We've already done that." She appeared to be calming down and her eye color returned to normal, "She's interrogating Bronya now."

"Well how about I go grab something to eat while you and Mei talk things out." I smiled walking off towards the cafeteria.

"I'll see you later my knight~"

I sped walked all the way to the cafeteria not looking back.

"Well not even a minute into being her bodyguard and her herrscher has already come out." I muttered to myself entering the cafeteria

Very few people were actually in the cafeteria which surprised me. It's around lunch time so I expected this place to be packed with people. Oh well. I grabbed a sandwich and a drink from the line before sitting at a table in the corner. I peacefully began to eat my lunch and halfway through my meal the cafeteria doors opened revealing Bronya and Theresa. Bronya looked rather upset as Theresa guided her to a table before going to get something to eat. I know I should be mad at her since she is a spy but I felt guilty. 

I finished up my sandwich and walked over to Bronya. Once she heard my footsteps stop she looked up.

"Hey." I gave her a small smile sitting down next to her

"You don't trust Bronya do you?" She whispered looking down

I sighed wrapping my arm around her shoulder pulling her close. Her face was laying against my chest and I only hoped that Wendy doesn't come in and see this. 

"Well you are a spy. I bet everyone here feels betrayed but I feel like you are doing this for a reason."

Bronya looked up at me shocked and with some tears in her eyes. Although she remained silent rubbing her hands together nervously.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." 

"No. Bronya told Theresa so she'll tell you." She spoke taking a deep breath

I rubbed her arm comfortingly trying to encourage her. 

"Bronya had a crush on a girl name Seele in my orphanage. She was always so caring and always tried her hardest. Although one day she took Bronya's place in an experiment. She disappeared during the experiment."

Disappeared? Interesting. Maybe that's why I felt an influx of honkai energy a few months ago..

"Bronya demanded mother to do another experiment and have her as the host. She agreed after Bronya threatened to commit suicide if she didn't let her do it. Although once Bronya saw Seele she didn't want to go back. She stayed for as long as she could but Seele forced her to go. Once she was back her legs were injured so mother gave her an exoskeleton to walk and a biochip to survive." A tear fell from her eye and I gently hugged her 

"So you wanted to obtain Mei's power to see if you could bring back Seele correct?"

"Yes."

"Well how about you take me in place of-" I was interrupted by alarms

I quickly stood up along with Bronya. Theresa ran past me and I followed her.

"Theresa! What's going on!?"

"We have a ship heading right for us! We're trying to get in contact with them but we've been getting no response!"

My eyes widen as we quickly make our way to the bridge.