Chapter 8

As we make it to the bridge, the lower rank valkyries seem to be panicking.

"Have we gotten any response from the ship whatsoever?" Theresa asks one of them

"No ma'am! They're still coming straight at us!"

I look out the window of the bridge, and sure enough there was another ship coming right for us.

"Put the thrusters in reverse!" Himeko commands holding on to the rail tightly

"Ma'am there's no use! The ship is coming too fast! Even if we are to put the ship in reverse it would still hit us!"

My eyes stay trained on the ship as Himeko continues to give out orders. Something about the ship's aura seems familiar. I felt my eyes change but I quickly shut my eyes trying to stop the change. Luckily it does stop the change much to my enjoyment. Although I open my eyes to see that the ship has stopped right in front of us.

"What the...it's just stopped." Theresa mutters

Himeko places a hand on her chin seeming to be deep in thought. She places her finger down on the intercom button before speaking.

"Kiana Kaslana and Raiden Mei you are needed on the bridge."

She then turns to Bronya and I with a fierce gaze. Her red eyes seem to stare at Bronya with suspicion.

"I'm giving you a chance to redeem yourself, to be proven trustworthy. I want you to go on the ship with Kiana, Mei, and Y/N. You'll be backpack in case things go south."

Bronya nods and I swear could see a small smile on her face. Suddenly the elevator dings behind us, alerting us of Mei and Kiana's arrival.

"You called for us?" Mei questions walking forward

"Yes I did. I want you,Y/N, Kiana, and Bronya to infiltrate the ship and see what's going on."

"Whaa? With Bronya?!" Kiana whines giving Himeko a pout, "I thought she's a spy!"

"This is her chance to redeem herself." Himeko growls giving Kiana a stern glare

Kiana shuts her mouth and nods silently.

"Hurry up to the landing dock. We'll pull as close as possible to the ship to make your jump easier."

The three girls nod and rush to the elevator while I stayed behind.

"Is there something you need Y/N?" Theresa looks at me confused

"Well um, I was wondering about Wendy's condition? Has she woken up from her surgery yet?"

Both girls give me a sad look and Himeko places her hand on my shoulder.

"Not yet Y/N. Although her vitals seem to be stable so maybe when you get back from this mission then she'll be awake."

My shoulders slump as I look down in sadness. Wendy has been asleep for hours and she was suppose to wake up from her anesthesia within an hour after surgery.

"I'm sure her body is just taking a little longer to heal." Himeko pats my shoulder trying to cheer me up

"Yeah maybe." I mutter walking to the elevator

Bronya, Kiana, and Mei has already left to the landing dock, leaving me with a silent ride down. When the doors finally open, all three girls were standing there waiting for me.

"It's about time!" Kiana smiles hugging my arm

"I was only behind by a few seconds." I state trying to push her off of me

It didn't work though and I almost lost my balance when our ship began to move. Bronya was quick to catch me with golem, letting Kiana fall to the floor. I smile up at Bronya and a red tint covers her cheek.

"Ow!" Kiana whines standing back up, "How come you didn't catch me too!?"

"Simple." Bronya states letting me stand, "Bronya does not like you. You are her rival."

"What?! We're teammates you-"

"Boarding squad prepare for departure." Theresa's voice comes over the intercom as the ship finally comes to a stop

We all walk towards the edge of the ship, seeing that the other ship was not too far away. I took a deep breath before taking the first jump. My feet lands on the deck with a hard 'thump!'. The girls follow suit landing on the deck behind me.

"Let's head towards the bridge first. There maybe someone or at least some answers there in the logs." Mei suggests walking in front of me

"Sounds like a plan to me." I smile following her lead

Suddenly honkai beasts and zombies appear in front of us. We immediately pull out our weapons, and Mei and I charge towards them while Being a and Kiana cover us from behind. The short battle was over rather quickly making me confused. Usually more and more honkai beasts come but they didn't.

We continued on and eventually found the entrance to the ship. I expected to see at least some valkyries running around but there were none.

"Where is everyone?" Mei asks looking around

The ship was awfully quite too, no sound of running machinery or anything. It also has a weird vibe to it and it oddly felt familiar. Maybe there's a herrscher around? Wait that can't be it. If there was then they would have already showed themselves by now. Suddenly I hear Kiana hiss in pain behind me.

"You okay?" I turn around to find her her hands on her head, squeezing the sides of it

"I-I'm okay." She stutters looking at me and I notice that her eyes has turned orange

"Are you sure? Your eyes are orange..."

"I said I'M FINE!" She suddenly shouts making all of us jump. She notices this and looks away, "Let's just hurry up and get to the bridge."

We all nod keeping a close eye on Kiana as we traveled through the ship. Our feet against the metal floor was the only thing filling the silence of the ship. The whole way there Kiana's behavior began to change. She looks around in fear and she doesn't really, well, seem here. Perhaps she's just having a day dream nightmare? Before I knew it Mei suddenly stops, almost making me run into her. I step to the side of her and see that the bridge, where multiple valkyries are suppose to be, was empty except for a glowing cube. 

"What is that?" Bronya asks

"I don't know but I can feel the waves of honkai energy coming off of it." I state eyeing the cube suspiciously

"Is it influencing you?" Mei asks and her eyes flash purple 

"Not yet." 

Kiana suddenly walks forward going directly for the cube. She stops in front of it reaching out to touch it.

"Kiana don't-" 

Mei was interrupted by a bright light filling the whole room.