five

seungmin enters his lecture the next day without a hitch, it was as if yesterday never happened and felix finds this odd, since he was pretty sure hyunjin's ass was dumped because of the stunt he pulled yesterday; and yet seungmin still abiding by hwang hyunjin's role, and if it was possible, he was more keen on following hyunjin's orders compared to yesterday.

"hey, is my best friend okay? did hyunjin brainwash you? i'm pretty this is the part where you come crying to me about your breakup with hyunjin"

"lix don't be like this, hyunjin had his reason to be mad. and quite frankly i do kinda understand his standpoint"

"uhM bitCh, is u blind?"

seungmin simply shrugs his shoulders before going back to copying felix's notes, they were currently waiting for the professor to arrive. felix furrows his eyebrow as he wonders what hyunjin puts in seungmin's diet to brainwash him, because he needed IT. imagine all the cute boys (and girls) he would've dated by now if he had the antidote.

"hey guys, about the project.." chan suddenly approaches them with a tired smile, coffee cup in hand

"oh hey chan hyung, didn't know they allowed beverages inside lecture halls?" seungmin speaks up, putting his pen down to listen to what chan has to say

"well didn't you hear? professor lee's mia, and rumor has it, we're getting a substitute in today." chan answer, pulling out a chair beside seungmin

"huh? what happened to prof lee?"

"haven't you read the news today? professor lee-"

chan wasn't able to finish his sentence when a substitute entered the room, murmurs fill the room as the substitute stood tall in the middle. felix agreed to switching seats with chan for now since the blonde still had to discuss the chapter assignment with seungmin, so felix sat next to yuna who warmly welcomed him.

chan takes the seat where felix was and silently eyes the teacher, the bags under his eyes quite noticeable. seungmin taps his pen on the table as they wait for the substitute to speak:

"it has come to the university's attention that professor lee minhyuk is sadly not with us anymore, it has been reported that he had committed suicide last night."

more murmurs filled the room as students discussed the sudden news, most of them shocked upon hearing it. chan remains calm while he sips his coffee, droopy eyes trying its best to stay open as the substitute continues to speak.

"it was reported that professor lee was last seen by his wife hung in his room at 3.20 am with no signs of a suicide note or break-ins. the police are investigating this case, and all of you are subject to suspicion, so each one will be called to the guidance office for questioning. but for now, classes are suspended until further notice. thank you and have a nice day."

the substitute leaves the room and the students roar in volume, most of them talking about professor lee's sudden death. seungmin continues to write on his notebook, copying felix's notes when chan suddenly speaks.

"professor lee didn't commit suicide, he was killed. the killer was just smart enough to cover up his tracks"

seungmin lifts his head up in curiosity as he stares into chan's tired eyes, the latter continues:

"prof lee doesnt particularly show suicidal tendencies, quite opposite of that actually, the guy's ego is big, his arrogance is solid evidence"

"what makes you so sure of that? did you know prof lee personally?"

chan pulls out his phone haphazardly, showing the published article to the red head. he reads a line from it: "investigators pinpoints various evidence that may coincide to homicide, since lee seems to have scratches on his arms and a wrecked door frame with splotches of blood. nevertheless further investigation is yet to transpire..."

"come to think of it, you were the last one he saw yesterday"

"and?"

"maybe you killed him?"