six

"i'm just kidding of course,"

chan chuckles lowly as he rubs the tiredness out of his eyes, reaching to drink more from his coffee. seungmin just silently watched, suddenly remembering his and hyunjin's conversation the night before. there's no way, hyunjin's a smol cinnamon roll, he wouldn't even hurt a fly

seungmin remembers the time hyunjin passed out at the sight of blood when the younger scraped his knee that one time they were getting ice creaming, hyunjin swore at the ground to never hurt 'his seungmin' again.

"the look on your face was priceless" chan chuckles which catches seungmin's attention yet again

"anyway, i'm pretty sure the project's gonna be void, so..." chan waves goodbye before begrudgingly heading off to the door, back slouched

seungmin eyes him until the older was out of sight, fingernails scraping against the wood of the desk. he carefully packs up before leaving, not bothering to say goodbye to felix who was too busy having a conversation with yuna about god knows what.  seungmin continues to copy the last few sentences of felix's notes before taking his leave, deciding to leave felix's notes

seungmin looks at his watch: 1.45

maybe he can come to work early today, he didn't anymore have classes in the afternoon, so why not go to work and maybe cram a little bit of studying for midterms— sounds like a plan

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

seungmin's busy with reviewing intermolecular forces when a customer drops by, he looks up behind his glasses for a second before closing his textbook, smiling a little upon seeing who it was. he leans into the counter while cradling his face onto the palm of hands, as he watched the person make his way to him.

"oh hey, it seems like fate keeps making us meet"

"i'm starting to think that you're stalking me han jisung"

"can't i just get a cup of coffee on a rather stress-inducing day?" jisung huffs before bringing out his wallet, wearing the same endearing smile seungmin last saw him with.

it's the first time seungmin sees jisung wearing normal peoples clothes. well he wasn't wearing the usual jersey he'd sport around, the latter was wearing a cream colored fleece sweater; his bleached hair a bit ruffled, probably by the unforgiving gusts of wind outside— a promise of winter

"one caramel macchiato with extra sugar please, maybe add a lil new york cheese cake if you're feeling nice" jisung smiles sweetly before handing over the payment

seungmin takes the money and shows a thumbs up before going to prepare the order, he sees jisung settle near the window in his peripheral, bringing out his notes and textbooks to settle in for afternoon. he's humming to the soft jazz song that was playing from the cafe's speaker, plugging in his earphones before curling up into the chair to go study.

seungmin couldn't help but glance at the latter's direction while preparing his order, his hands working on the equipment to make coffee. he knew how to work with the machines by heart, so it shocks him when he suddenly feels a sting by the palm of his hand. he accidentally burned himself while pouring hot water, stupid. he squeaks at the contact and makes a run for the sink, turning it on to let the cold water run down his hand.

seungmin's breathing stops once he sees the blotch of red on his skin after turning off the sink, it swells as the pain settles beneath his skin.

"behave. behave. behave. be good, seungmin"

blurred out faces. it's cold and it hurts, it hurts so bad. it feels like his skin is being turned inside out, his blood runs cold when he hears her.

red and purple covers his skin, his skin cries red as he feels himself slip between consciousness. he tries to scream, to call for help, but who is he to disobey?

"hey are you alright?"

"uhm! yeah" seungmin squeaks, wiping his tears away as he tries to smile

jisung was now stood somewhere behind the counter as he looks over to seungmin, seungmin who was obviously pinching and picking at the burned part of his hand. jisung's eyebrows furrows in concern, seungmin on the other hand, shakes everything off and returns to making the older's drink, continuing as if nothing happened.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

soon enough more people filed into the cafe. the cafe was buzzing with people, it was usually busier in afternoons anyway, so jisung wasn't able to speak to seungmin again. he spins his pen around his fingers as he eyes seungmin, trained on the burn on the younger's hand. he noticed how seungmin kept scratching that particular patch of skin, pinching or picking at the flesh.

the blonde checks his watch and reads: 9.24 pm. the cafe wasn't closing any time soon, but jisung felt the need to go home, he didn't want to worry his younger sister. so jisung clicks his tongue before standing up to leave, already having gathered his things beforehand. he waves a small goodbye to seungmin when their eyes meet, the younger smiles and waves back before averting his gaze back onto the customer he was talking to.

jisung leaves the cafe and it was already dark outside, the thunder startles him as the downpour gets heavier, more students crowding at the cafe's door to seek shelter. jisung had no other choice but to walk, luckily he's brought his umbrella, but he's pretty sure he's gonna get soaked anyway.

he tries to hale a taxi, but most of them already had people in them, so to his luck: he was going to walk all the way home today.

a chill ran down his spine when he sees the empty pavement ahead of him, streetlights illuminating the path home. it was eerily quiet, not single soul wandered the streets, it was also quite peculiar that no cars were speeding by, it was as if it was a nightmare made perfectly for jisung.

"oh haha what a perfect way to die." jisung sarcastically mutters before he starts walking, doubling his steps as he shakes because of the sudden cold gust of wind hitting his face.

he walked for a few minutes until he feels something behind him, the hairs on his arms stood up as he feels that something near him. he swears that it's just his imagination, so he starts walking faster. he pants trying his best to not look behind him, it's all in his head, no one's there.

jisung hold his breath when he realizes that someone was following him when he hears their footsteps grow rapidly faster, tailing jisung in his tracks. and not even realizing it, the boy was not running, terrified to see who was behind him, this was definitely not his imagination anymore. he just ran without thinking, hoping that all those years of training will at least give him an advantage, because he obviously doesn't want to die, he's too young to die.

he looses his footing when he trips over a rock, and he falls to his knees. he feels the person loom over him, unmoving. why wasn't he doing anything?  jisung doesn't stay to find out and takes the chance to run, even though his felt his muscles ache, he kept running. his apartment building was just around the corner, and before he knew it, he's dialing in his floor level, before entering his apartment; a little injured, but safe. he pants and tries to catch his breath as he slides down to his knees.

he then receives a text message from an unknown number:

let this be a warning.