SPECIAL: Gold

A/N: It's been months since my last update. Unfortunately, this isn't one of my regular updates, as this is a special chapter. But I hope you would enjoy reading it!

🎃🎃🎃

🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃LOKI🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃
LOKI
🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

ONE THING I really hate about Halloween is the stupid costumes that people wear. They dress up as a vampire, a zombie, a mummy or any other scary characters that plagued the pop culture world. They think it's cool, they think it's creative, they think it's spooky. But all I could see was a bunch of dumb people trying to spread the spirit of this unholy event.

Of course, this sort of stupidity isn't only exclusive in parties. Even in school, students had been bitten by the fangs of dumbness. Enter the Halloween booths days before the All Saints' Day holidays. I don't know what the student council was thinking for allowing these monstrosities—pun intended— to be built at the campus square of our campus.

To the left, a photo booth was put up where students can pick Halloween costumes and have their pictures taken with a "spooky effect." And people are into it! Why not take a selfie and apply some Halloween filters instead of paying P100 for a lousy photo? See how people are getting dumb?

To the right, there's also this booth that sells sweets shaped like skulls, pumpkins, bats and other Halloween symbols. Jamie bought me one of those skull candies and it tasted like a Home Economics candy project of a Grade 2 student. Do you know how that tastes? It's ungodly awful.

Of course, a Halloween-themed event wouldn't be complete without the traditional horror house. Yeah, that makeshift building where the people inside dressed as monsters try to scare you, but to no avail? No one wants to spend P100 to be spooked by amateur monsters.

Well, as an evil incarnate himself, my brother Luthor wouldn't let this timely event for him to pass. I can imagine him dressed up like Count Dracula, staying in the student council's office and waiting for the sun to set so he could finally roam around. He gets burnts once he steps into the sunlight. Maybe that's why he doesn't want stepping into the spotlight.

"Loki dear, tara! Pumasok na tayo sa bahay ng kakatakutan!" Jamie clung to my arms and dragged me toward the horror house. I kept my feet rooted on the ground. She tried to pull me, but she couldn't make me move an inch.

"I'll wait here outside," I told her. Aside from me thinking that the horror house wasn't spooky at all, I did not want to wait in a long line.

"Minsan lang 'to, Loki. Huwag ka nang killjoy," Lorelei joined in the conversation, tapping my shoulder. "Keep that annoyed look on your face, at pagkakamalan ka nilang Halloween monster. They will start printing Halloween masks with your face on them."

I rolled my eyes and heaved a sigh of exasperation. Halloween is stupid, so why was I just a few meters away from this horror house? The answer's simple: This is for a case. Do you really think I would waste my time here? I'd rather lock myself in the clubroom than go out and feel the Halloween vibes.