Chapter 1

Once upon a time, a long time ago, well, more like twenty years ago, Belle married her Beast in front of 6,000 of their closest personal friends. Yeah, that had to be a big cake. Anyway, instead of a honeymoon, King Beast, also known as Adam, decided to unite all the kingdoms, creating the United States of Auradon. He rounded up all the villains, sidekicks, etc. etc. and sent them off to the Isle of the Lost, with a magical barrier to keep them there. No magic, no wifi, no way out. Seems a little unfair, huh? Yeah, I thought so too. And apparently, so did my best friend, since one day, this happened.

'How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month?' King Adam said, entering his sons bedroom with Queen Belle. 'You're just a baby!'
'He's turning sixteen, dear.' Belle said.
'Hey pops.' Ben greeted.
'Sixteen! That's far to young to be crowned king. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least... forty two.' Adam said, to which Belle scoffed in response.
'Um, you decided to marry me at twenty eight.' She spoke.
'Well, it was either you or a teapot.' Adam winked at his son. 'Kidding.'
'Mom, dad.' Ben started, going to step of the platform, only to be stopped by the tailor. 'I've chosen my first official proclamation.' He said, to which his parents looked at each other, and then back at Ben.
'I've decided that the children of the Isle of the Lost should be given a chance, to live here in Auradon.' Ben spoke, causing Belle to drop a coat she was holding. 'Every time I look out to the island I feel like they've been abandoned.'
Ben stepped of the platform and walked towards his parents.
'The children of our sworn enemies, living among us?' Adam questioned.
'Well, we start out with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most.' Ben continued. 'I've already chosen them.'
'Have you?' His father spoke sternly.
'I gave you a second chance.' Belle said, placing a hand on her husbands arm. 'Who are their parents?'
'Cruella deVil, Jafar, the Evil Queen,' Ben paused before saying the last villain. 'And Maleficent.'
The tailor let out a sound of fear at the woman's name.
'MALEFICENT!' Beast all but roared. 'She is the worst villain in the land!'
'Dad, just hear me out here-' Ben tried but was cut of by his dad.
'I won't hear of it.' He continued, while the tailor exited the room. 'They are guilty of unspeakable crimes.'
'Dad, their children are innocent. Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life?' Ben spoke. 'Dad.'
'I suppose the children are innocent.' Adam said, before turning around and moving towards the door.
'Well done.' Belle smiled at her son, straightening the front of his suit, before turning to her husband. 'Shall we?'

As his parents left his room, Ben walked over to the window, looking out at the Isle. He thought of the different things needed to be done for this to work, when his phone began ringing. He looked at the contact, smiling when he saw it was his best friend Allison calling.
'Hey Allie.' Ben spoke.
'Hey Princely, where are you? I've been waiting for fifteen minutes.' Allie's voice came through the phone.
'Sorry, the tailoring took longer than I thought it would. I'll be right there.'
'Don't worry about it, there's no rush. Just wanted to make sure nothing had happened.'
'No, everything's fine. Like I said, I'll be right there.'
'Alright, see you soon.'

'So, I mean, it could have gone worse.' Ben said. 'I'm just glad they accepted the idea.'
Ben and Allie were sitting in the Wonderland Ice Cream Parlor, and Ben had just finished explaining the situation of his proclamation to Allison.
'Yeah, I mean that's the best we could ask for, right?' Allie said. 'Have you told Audrey yet?'
'No, I haven't. I don't feel like she'll react too kindly to me bring over Maleficent's daughter.' Ben took another bite of his ice cream. 'But can you blame her? I mean, how would you have reacted if I was bringing over Ursulas kid?'
'I wouldn't have been that mad. Maybe just mildly annoyed.' Allie said, earning a chuckle from Ben. 'But then again, Audrey and I have very different personalities, so I don't really know.'
'Yeah, that's fair. But what's your opinion? What do you think?'
'I think it's a great idea!' Allie said. 'It's like you said, their parents may be villains, but that doesn't mean their children are.'
'So you support it?' Ben asked.
'Ben, we've been best friends since we were toddlers. Of course I support it. You think it's a good idea, and I trust you.'

Allison walked out of Auradon Prep, joining Ben, Audrey and Fairy Godmother waiting for the new students to arrive.
'Oh, Allison, there you are, wonderful you could join us.' Fairy Godmother said when she noticed the ruby haired girl.
'Of course, wouldn't miss it.' Allie smiled. 'Hey Ben.'
'Hey Allie.' Ben greeted.
'That's what you're wearing?' Audrey whispered so only Allie could hear, prompting Allie to look down at the teal denim shorts, white t-shirt and lavender sneakers she was wearing.
'Well, I didn't want to dress overly fancy. I just dressed like how they'll see me on a day to day basis.' Allie said.
'Alright then.' Audrey said.
'How are you feeling?' Allie asked Ben, walking around Ben to stand on his unoccupied side.
'Pretty nervous, if I'm honest with you. But I'm excited.' Ben said.
'Here they come.' Fairy Godmother spoke up, and the marching band started playing as a limousine rolled up in front of the school. The car stopped, and the driver opened the door, and out tumbled two boys. One with long, dark brown hair, and one with black and white hair. Two girls stepped out after, one with purple hair, and one with royal blue.
'Guys, guys!' The purple haired girl said to the two boys. They were fight over something, what, Allie couldn't tell. 'We have an audience.'
'Just cleaning up.' The long haired boy said. 'Get up.' He continued, helping the smaller boy to his feet.
'Leave it like you found it!' Fairy Godmother sang, before switching to a much more serious tone. 'And by that I mean just leave it.'
The two boys threw the stuff back in the limo, before the long haired boy direct eye contact with Allie.
'Hello foxy.' He said, walking towards her. 'The names, Jay.'
Allie raised a questioning eyebrow, a smirk growing on her face. Before she could respond, Fairy Godmother interrupted.
'Welcome to Auradon Prep. I'm Fairy Godmother, headmistress.' She said with a curtsy.
'The Fairy Godmother?' The purple haired girl said, that had to be Maleficent's daughter Mal if what Ben had said was correct. 'As in, Bippity Boppity Boo?'
'Bippity Boppity-you know it.'
'Yeah, I always wondered what it was like for Cinderella when you just showed up! Out of nowhere, with that sparkly wand, and warm smile. And that sparkly wand.'
'Yes, well, that was a long time ago. And as I always say, don't focus on the past, to you'll miss the future.'
'It's so good to finally meet you all.' Ben said, stepping forward. 'I'm Ben.'
'Prince Benjamin.' Audrey interrupted. 'Soon to be king!'
'You had me at prince.' The blue haired girl said, stepping forward. 'My mom's a Queen, which makes me a princess.' She said with a curtsy. So that had to be the Evil Queens daughter Evie.
'The Evil Queen has no royal status here.' Audrey said. 'And neither do you.'
'This is Audrey.' Ben said, trying to break the tension that had formed.
'Princess Audrey.' Audrey interrupted again. 'His girlfriend. Right Benny-Boo?'
Ben gave a nod before turning to Allie.
'And this is Allison. My best friend.' Ben introduced, to which Allie gave a smile.
'Ben, Audrey and Allison are going to show you all around, and I'll see you tomorrow.' Fairy Godmother spoke. 'The doors of wisdom are never shut! Although the library hours are from 8 to 11, as you may have heard I have a little thing about curfews.'