Prologue

Love seems non-existent to girls like me... Well, at least that's what I thought before the craziest thing happened, something that changed my entire perspective, my entire view on love, and I seemed like a different person altogether. See fate may alter our paths, but it's up to us whether we use it or not.

I've never been the "Dear diary" type, never believed in destroying daisies to
determine that someone loves me.
I don't carry the traits of a "normal young woman who plans her wedding from age twelve." as my mother repeatedly told me.

I'm witty, strong-willed, rebellious, ambitious, not easy to love, impatient, moody, proud, and stubborn.

But I do have good traits too; I'm resilient, kind, passionate, determined
and some might even say I'm beautiful.
I've never really believed that about myself, unlike the other girls in the city, I'm short and tiny for a twenty one - year old (almost invisible in contrast to the "slay queens" in this city).

I weigh 64.1kg, height 1.55, my hair is
locked, it isn't shiny and silky, it's brittle, hard and needs an awesome amount of combing "hair that defies gravity." mum would say, which is why I decided to lock it into dreads when I turned fifteen and started the ninth grade.

Five years later my hair is a long black-brown colour that steadily hangs just below my shoulders. My skin an almond brown complexion, full plump lips and dark brown eyes - God knows how much I hate my eyes, couldn't they have been a lighter shade of brown? Maybe hazel or pecan, instead I possess a dark chocolate coloured iris which is very close to black (not many people have black eyes), my chest area is big, so is my butt.

My shoe size has been
size four for the past six years, four piercings (nose, ears, ear lobe and belly) I had to get rid of my nose ring as time passed, one tattoo (Lighthouse with waves, meaning that whenever I feel lost at sea (the sea being life itself), I should look towards my guiding
light (the lighthouse) and everything will be okay) I got it in August- my birth month,
when everything seemed to be going wrong...

My birth name is Somila Klaas, I was born on the 30th of August 1997 in Baragwaneth Hospital, Soweto. My mother, Nosipho Klaas was born 1976 in All Saints Hospital Eastern Cape, she was born and raised in the Eastern Cape. My father, Tebogo Klaas was born 1972 in the North West.

My mother had me when she was twenty one years old, four years later my sister Tlhogi was born, then Katlego came five years after Tlhogi, lastly my mum gave birth to Mihle six years after Katli was born. Mum was in her late 30s and I remember how terrified she was when she found out about it. She didn't tell me of course as I was only fifteen years old, but I overheard her speaking to my aunt in her room.

I remember feeling so lost and weak, two children had already replaced me and now I have to deal with another heartbreak by more rejection from my mother.