two

mickey

To hell if you thought this was the plan. I merely suggested that Iggy and I go down to the Osco to get some milk for the house that, ya know, wasn't fuckin' crunchier than the cereal that goes with it. Of course his dumb ass took that as an invitation to try and rob the place the second we walked in, and lucky for us there were two ready and waiting cops checking out at the register. Believe me, I think the logic of paying four bucks for a gallon of milk is ridiculous when you could just not pay but the second rule of breaking any rule is to make sure all parties involved are on the same page. The first rule just so happens to be to not get caught but clearly my brother was not in the mood to use his brain for anything today.

Why'd I come here? Like I said, it wasn't the plan. The plan was to slip into the alleyway behind the bar a couple blocks over, hop under a homeless man's canopy and pretend we belonged there til the cops lost interest, but of course there were two cops right outside the bar arresting some fat dude, probably for stealing food from the poor and hungry of America, who really gives a shit, so Iggy and I split up and just ran. The cops from the store kept chasing Iggy while

I got stuck being chased by the two cops with the fat man locked up in the back of the car back towards my house. When I thought I lost 'em for a second, I was hiding behind a bush next to what I recognized to be the Gallagher's house, as in Ian Gallagher, as in the fucking perv who fucked over my sister. So, I got up from behind the bush and went to go bust down this idiot's door to show him what happens when you mess with a Milkovich but the sirens were getting louder and I could see the cop car speeding back down the road.

''Fuckin' A" I groaned to myself as I sprinted to the back door of the house I was at. Luckily enough, it was unlocked, which shouldn't surprise me considering the ever-growing amount of red headed roaches that live there. Shit's probably never locked. I went inside as fast as I could, running up the stairs while cursing myself, and went straight to the room at the end of the hall, slamming the door behind me in case the cops saw me and came inside to look for where I went.

Long story short, here I am killing two birds with one stone; about to beat the shit out of the fuckwhad who screwed over my little sister while still hiding from the cops, who hopefully are incarcerating my dumb ass brother by now.

"Get the fuck off o-"

I quickly covered his mouth with my free hand to get him to stop screaming.

"Ian Gallagher, you better shut the fuck up before I rip your tongue out of your fucking mouth."

I noticed him trying to reach over and grab the bat that I knocked out of his hand with the hand that freed when I covered his mouth. Keeping my one hand over his mouth, I let go of his other wrist, grabbing for the bat as well, which I quickly realized was a stupid move. Next thing I knew, the red-head was pushing me off of him and into the bunk bed frame behind me.

"You little shit," I groaned as my head slammed right into the corner of the bed. Ian was almost back on his feet by now so I kicked out my legs, causing him to trip and land back onto the floor. I reached over to the bat, picked it up and pointed it directly at his chest as I stood over him, one leg on each side of his hips, warning him not to move.

"You think you can just fuck over my sister and get away with it, huh?"

"I-I... it wasn't, I-"

"You wanna know what happens when you mess with the wrong girl?"

I moved the bat down closer to his chest, causing one of his hands to move up in surrender and the other to move in between his heart and the top of the bat.

"Why are you in my house," he asked slowly in fear, clearly not wanting to anger me any more. Damn right.

"I asked you first," I responded, moving the bat away and letting it hang in my one hand against my side.

After a few seconds of still not getting an answer, I was becoming pretty ticked off.

"I said I asked you first Gallagher. You a fuckin' mute or something?"

I looked directly into his eyes, which must've scared him because his eyes immediately darted away, looking down... at my lips? What the fuck! His eyes just kept moving further down, oh hell fucking no. I raised the bat back up, this time pointing right to his head, as I stepped fully to one side of him, allowing him to slide up with his back against the bed behind him. I kept the bat pointed straight at his forehead.

"You. little. Fag." I grunted as I moved closer to him slowly. "You crushed my sister's heart, now I'm going to crush your fucking skull."

I raised the bat up above my shoulder, ready to unleash the anger and disgust from the last few minutes on the red head, but was stopped half way down as Ian quickly jumped up and grabbed the bat before I could finish the swing. It was his turn now to stare me down.

He didn't seem scared or angry or even aggressive anymore. He actually seemed calm, and somehow so did I. I didn't try to pull the bat away from him or fight back in anyway. I just let his eyes stare harshly right into mine.  What sounded like the front door opening and closing followed by small footsteps coming up the stairs broke the silence but nothing else. I kept holding onto the bat just as Ian did, his grip loosening as he moved slightly closer to me. I tried to remind myself why I was there in the first place, why I had that bat in my hand, why I was still a little out of breath from running all over town, but I had nothing. 

Then he did it again. He looked down at my lips with those green eyes and I could feel my breathing hitch more, not from the running this time.

"Who the hell are you?"

I turned around towards the door of the bedroom to find a little kid, maybe 8 or 9, with a buzz cut standing in the doorway with an extremely confused look on his face. Quickly, I snapped out of my trance. I turned back around the face Ian, taking a step back as I shoved the bat onto the bed behind him. The fear was back in his eyes, written all over his face.

"I'd fuckin' watch out if I were you Gallagher," I warned while pointing a finger at him, rage burning under my skin once again. 

And with that, I headed out of the bedroom, down the hall to the stairs and out the back, same way I came in, cursing myself under my breath as I walked home.