Chapter 2

I added an image of Parker's hair! Hope you like it! And I am writing this on an IPad for the first time. Sorry if it sucks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parker's POV

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*1 week later*

Over the past few days I had driven to a small town in the middle of no where. It was nice and I had a part time job as a cashier at the local gas station. I was staying at the motel which was nice but it wasn't as nice as the hotel I stayed in earlier. So far they didn't seem to be coming for me and I blended into the town well, making sure that I mixed with the people so they would know if I went missing. The town folk were very friendly and there had obviously had been no newcomers for a while.

As I was making my way from the corner store and to the motel I saw a small kid crying. Sure I wasn't the most sympathetic person ever and I didn't mix well with kids but something about him made me want to see what was wrong. As I neared him I saw a wisp of green hair peeking out from under his brown beanie. "Hey kid, you all right?" I asked crouching down to his eye level. I saw green eyes that were glazed over. He must be blind, I said to my self.

"Kid are you all right?" I repeated. I wasn't the most patient person either.

"M-my mom left me here and I don't know where to go," the kid said in an Indonesian accent. He looked up behind me like he was looking at someone. "Sorry," he mumbled. I was confused. Sorry, sorry about what?

Oh damn it. I spun around realizing what was happening and as I did I was hit by and icy blast. The ice wrapped around me and formed a cage. To me this was unbearable. I tried to move around but I was firmly planted in place by the icy captor. I saw out of my prison, 4 figures approaching me. Thinking quickly I stopped time knowing now I had all the time I needed to think of how to get out. Maybe this would register as a threat and my body would free me. Probably not, but a girl can hope can't she? I could stay like this until the ice melted but that would take ages. As I thought I remembered my powers that I rarely ever used. I could speed myself up by using time. Kind of like when you use fast forward on a remote. Sure it would drain my powers but I could replenish if who I thought was out their was.

I speed myself up, slowly at first, until even moving my eye took half the time it usually takes. After a while I could wriggle my fingers. Eventually I was moving with such speed moving even my fingers shattered some ice. I kept going and I could move my arms after about what would of been an hour. Moving my arms down, I eventually cleared enough space that my legs were free. I was moving at the speed of light, or it felt like it at least. I then shattered the icy cage and accidentally ran into one of the men as I was moving so fast. I slowed my time back to the normal rate feeling very drained. I knew that even keeping time at a stand still would be tricky.

Looking around at the 4 men, I recognized Logan as the one that I had ran into. I reached out and touched him, letting my body take as much time as it wanted to. After I had filled up I took a couple of centuries off to keep me energized. I scanned the others and saw that Daniel wasn't apart of this group. Aw, who's the little chicken now? I saw the small, blind boy with green hair; A 19 year old looking guy with icy blue eyes and short, blonde hair and a 17 year old looking guy with sleepy, brown eyes and sandy coloured hair that feel on his eyes.

After one last scan of the surroundings I walked out of the motel area making sure I was still in their view when I started time up again. What? I was getting bored and this was some how very fun. After knowing that they had spotted me I took off running. They were following me, I didn't need to turn around to know that. I felt something grab my legs and saw that it was a vine. Cursing under my breath I stopped time and got free of it. I walked a few metres to catch my breath. I did say this was fun but I didn't say that I would give them a fair fight. I restarted time as I started to run again. I could hear one of them, I think it was Logan, cursing. I then stopped running and faced them. They were confused but hey were did the fun go when you just kept running? I think Logan realized this and he stopped running and started to walk. The rest followed his example.