part 2

song for the chapter:
fake smile by ariana grande
{i can't fake like i'm alright}
———
lisa's pov

i close the large wooden door as i enter my house. "mom, dad, i'm home!" i yell, but of course no response. there never is.

i walk further into my house and into the kitchen. on the white marble counters i see a bright yellow sticky note.

hey lis we won't be home for a while. dinner's in the fridge
love mom.

i'm not surprised since they never seem to be home these days. it gets really lonely in this big house by myself.

i shake the sad thoughts out of my mind and i walk over to my fridge and see what mom left for me. i know dinner time isn't until a while but i'm hungry anyways.

she left me a salad in a plastic container. normally this wouldn't make a person feel a kind of way, but it makes me a little down since mom is always telling me that i'm 'too fat' and that i need to lose weight.

i think i'm a generally skinny person, but i guess nothing i do satisfies her anymore.

i head up the large staircase and go to my room. i set my backpack on the ground and i plop myself down in my large chair i have in my room.

tae🥵 is calling you

i look at my phone and contemplate on picking it up. i pick it up anyways.

"hello?" i say into the phone. he takes a deep breath then he says hello back to me. "what's up tae?" i ask him.

"nothing much i was just bored. what are you up to?" he asks me. even though tae and i just fool around, you can tell he really cares about me, and i care about him too. i just don't see us being a relationship together.

"oh well i just got home and of course they aren't here. again." i tell him. "oh i'm sorry lis" he says back to me. i chuckle before saying, "well it's not your fault bud."

"wanna do something? i don't want you to be all alone over there" he says with a small laugh. "you're too kind." i say sarcastically, "sure, where should we go?"

"hmmm how about i pick you up and we will just decide then?" he asks me. "sounds good. see ya." i say before ending the call.

besides rosie, tae's my best friend. he's a year older than me. i don't have any classes with him unfortunately, but i do have first period with his other best friend jeon jungkook.

i've never even thought of jungkook before, of course i see him every day but i've never payed attention to him.

but once i did, boy did i like what i saw. i immediately asked tae for his snap.

ok i know that doesn't make me look good but, i don't know it's just how i am. i know it's not good but i can't help it.

after my mom and dad started never being around, i got bored and started getting interested in other things, boys.

i know what you're thinking, not good. but it's not like i tell the boy that i love them or anything, i can't help that they end up falling in love with me.

tae doesn't know that i'm talking to jungkook because i told him that i needed his snap since we were partners in a project. and what do you know we actually are partners. it's quite funny actually.

i like messing around with him and it just so helps that he's gorgeous.

i hear a car horn from outside so i get up at make my way outside to tae's car.

"hey bud." i say as i get into the passenger seat of his car. "what up lis." he says. "sooo where are we headed?" i ask him since i still have no clue what we are doing.

"party." is all he says to me. i look over at him and he has a wild smirk on his face. "tae, it's only 4:00." i say to him. what party starts at 4:00?

"well we are going to grab some food before duh." he tells me as if i was dumb. i rolled my eyes and pushed his shoulder. "idiot how was i supposed to know that?" i said with a laugh.

he goofily shrugged his shoulders and started the car.

———

we arrived at the restaurant and waited for the waitress to seat us. once we were seated we talked until we ordered and our food came.

after we were done eating tae payed for the bill and we walked back to his car. now i know the real reason why we left at 4:00 instead of just going to the party.

tae didn't like it when i was at home alone because he knew how down it made me feel and that i hate being alone. that's why i love him and we are best friends.

tae drops me off at my house so i can get changed for the party.

i decided on wearing a black bra lace thingy and some of my favorite pants, of course with my black doc martins

tae still won't get here for another 20 minuets since i got ready faster than expected. a fun thought came into my mind so i continued to open my phone and snap jungkook.

i take a picture to where he can see the right side of my face only. "hey" was all i put and i sent it to him.

a couple minuets later he replied. "lisa i already told you that i don't want anything to do with you." what he told me made me feel a bit down. i know that i didn't have the best reputation but still i don't know.

"chill bud i was just gonna ask when we should meet up to work on our project." i responded to him. it was a lie. i wasn't going to ask about the project but i knew he wouldn't snap back if i didn't say anything about it.

"oh ok. well how about later tonight so we can just get it over with?" he asked. "no can do i'm going to a party with tae." i told him.

then, a genius idea popped into my mind. "hey why don't you come too?" i asked him. "haha ur funny, no way." he snapped back.

i knew he had to come to the party because he would without a doubt be looking extremely hot. and i knew just how to get him there.

i dialed my phone and waited for him to pick up.

"hey tae can i ask you a favor?"

———