part 10

song for the chapter: love lies by khalid and normani
{you've got some shit to say and i'm here to listen}
———

jungkook's pov

school was over and lisa and i agreed to meet at her house to work on the project. things between us were a bit awkward considering the way she acted towards me. it was just yeah. the words jennie had said were still swirling around in my head. why would she just come out of no where all of the sudden and tell me she wants to get back with me? does she not know how long it took me to get over her? does she not see how selfish she is being? this whole situation is making me realize that jennie only cares about this relationship when it is convenient for her. she only thought it was convenient for her to ask me to take her back after she stopped talking to other boys. but that is not how it works.

i was sitting in my car getting ready to drive to lisa's house. she lived only about 10 minuets away from school so the drive was not long at all. after driving, i pulled into lisa's driveway. her house was huge, it was tan with a brownish whiteish brick. i was long and it had a balcony on the top floor with a loveseat.

i walked up to her front door. doors, i guess. i rang the doorbell and i could hear if from inside of the house. "coming!" i heard lisa's distant voice from inside. a couple seconds later she opened the door. she looked a little out of breath. "were you running?" i asked her. she brushed some hair behind her ear, "uh yeah i was in my room." she laughed. i nodded my head. "well um come in." she said. i followed her into the house. it was just as big on the inside as it was on the outside.

she brought me into the living room and she sat on a large white sectional that has fluffy pillows and a large soft blanket on it. it looked very comfortable to say the least. i sat on the love seat and set my bag down next to it. "your house is really nice." i told lisa. she nodded, "thanks i guess." she said. when she said that, i could see a flash of pain in her eyes. "you alright?" i asked her. she looked down at her hands that were seated in her lap. she was sitting with her legs crossed with a big sweatshirt and sleep shorts on.

"i'm fine." she said. okay i've had a girlfriend before and i'm just not dumb. when a girl says that 'she's fine', she is almost never fine. i rolled my eyes at her statement. "lisa, you're not. you aren't acting the same, and at school today you were...early and you were down dressed, and that's not like you at all. so tell me, what's going on." i said to her. she sighed, "jungkook, it's not your problem. my problems aren't yours." she said. i looked at her carefully but she had a look on her face that i couldn't read.

"i know, but i can listen if you want." i offered. she shook her head, "it's nothing." i rolled my eyes once again clearly seeing that it was something. i looked back to her and saw a tear roll down her cheek. once she noticed me she quickly wiped it away. i stood up and walked over to sit down next to her. "lisa." she looked up at me when i said her name. "talk to me. it's not a question."

i may hate the way she acts, but she's still a person. i don't know what she's going through and maybe if i knew, then i could try to help her. no one deserves to go through anything tough alone. i looked up to her and she looked back at me. "it's okay jungkook, i'm fine i promise." i noticed how no one else was here with her and i wondered if this could be the problem. 

she is always so confident and loud at school, but now she just seems like exact opposite. lisa was sitting in her own thoughts, "it's just-" lisa started. i looked at her, waiting for her to continue. "i am just alone all of the time and it gets lonely obviously." she chuckled. "my mother and father are never around. so i have no one to talk to and that's why i am very close with tae. he noticed how alone i was, well still am, and he always is hanging out with me so i do not have to be here all alone all of the time."

i felt bad for her, i couldn't imagine being all alone all of the time, my parents never around. "oh, i'm really sorry lisa." i told her. "well it's not your fault." she said. i nodded and watched as she shifted her position and hugged her knees. "thank you for um listening i guess." she said. "no problem." i said. 

we ended up not getting anything done for our project. we just talked for the rest of the time. i found out that lisa isn't as confident has makes herself out to be. she only has two really close friends and that her parents are never around because of their work. she spends most of her time on her balcony, just admiring nature and it gives her time to think. 

i found out that lisa manoban is not as bad as i thought. 

———