Oh Boy

The next morning, after breakfast, Ruby and Jade came over.

"Good morning," Amber waved.

"Hi, how's everything?" Jade asked.

"Just great—ready to go and see your costumes?" Sofia asked.

"Let's go," Ruby said.

The four girls went to the royal dressing room to find that the three costumes were ready. Ruby's costume was in red and orange, Jade's costume blue and green, and Amber's yellow gold and chartreuse green.

"Beautiful," Sofia gaped. "Let's see how they look on you."

Amber, Ruby, and Jade went to try on their costumes, and in no time, they came out, looking beautiful.

"We look fabulous," Ruby beamed.

"Awesome," Jade chimed in.

"What about you, Sofia?" Roland asked.

"That's right—we still need our captain to get dressed," Amber agreed.

Before Sofia could answer, Miranda came in and said, "Sofia, look who's here."

Dottie entered the room, carrying a bag, very much to Sofia's delight—and Amber, Ruby, Jade, and Roland's horror.

"Aunt Dottie, what are you doing here?" Sofia asked. "I thought Hugo took you back to Freezenburg."

"And you should be preparing for next week's wedding," Roland chimed in, trying to remain calm.

"When Amber, Ruby, and Jade got the idea to decorate the coach as a galleon, I decided to make Sofia's costume for her," Dottie replied. "I even made your bridesmaid dress for the wedding, and I had to get it to you fast anyway."

"Well, Sofia, try your costume," Miranda urged.

"Okay," Sofia said. She went into a fitting room and, in no time, came out wearing her costume.

"It's beautiful—you look just like your father," Miranda gaped, trying not to cry.

"If only Birk could see her now," Dottie gushed.

"Thanks a bunch, Aunt Dottie," Sofia smiled, hugging her aunt. "I'd better take this dress to my room."

"I'll go with you," Dottie offered.

"Okay," Sofia smiled. She and Dottie went off.

"It looks like Sofia and Dottie are stuck to each other like glue," Miranda remarked.

"It looks that way," Roland said.

A little later, Roland was with Amber, Ruby, and Jade.

"This is beyond ridiculous—we can't do anything with Sofia anymore," Jade muttered.

"All she ever wants to do is spend time with her aunt," Ruby added.

"What makes Dottie more special than us?" Amber asked.

"Nothing, Amber, and after today, anything about Birk Balthazar is banished from this castle," Roland declared.

"I like the sound of that," Amber smiled.

"So do we," Ruby and Jade chorused.

But what Roland and the girls didn't know was that Sofia and Dottie had heard that conversation, and they were both deeply hurt.

"Wow," Sofia sighed. "I was so happy to be together with you again that I didn't realize how rude we've been. I guess if Roland doesn't want anything to do with Daddy in this castle, maybe I don't belong here."

"If you want, you can come and live with me and Uncle Jason," Dottie offered.

"Thanks, Aunt Dottie," Sofia smiled.