The Apology

Later, Amber, Ruby, and Jade were waiting for Sofia to come, but she never did.

"Where is Sofia?" Jade asked.

"Probably spending more time with her aunt," Amber surmised, talking in a mocking tone.

Suddenly, Miranda showed up, and she was very angry. "Roland, Amber, I hope you're proud of yourselves," she frowned.

"What do you mean?" Amber asked.

"What's wrong, Miranda?" Roland asked.

"What's wrong is that you hurt Sofia enough to make her want to leave Enchancia," Miranda replied angrily.

"What?" Roland, Amber, Ruby, and Jade gasped.

"You said something to make Sofia want to leave us to live with Dottie in Freezenburg," Miranda declared.

"We need to talk to her," Amber said. She, Ruby, Jade, and Roland ran inside.

Roland, Amber, Ruby and Jade reached Sofia's bedroom only to find many bags and boxes all packed up.

"Sofia, what are you doing?" Amber asked.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" Sofia snapped, angrily shoving a box of tiaras into Amber's arms. "I'm moving to Freezenburg."

"Why?" Amber asked.

"You and Roland said that you don't want anything about Birk Balthazar in this castle, so I have no choice but to live with Aunt Dottie and Uncle Jason," Sofia replied.

Amber and Roland realized that Sofia knew what they said.

"But that doesn't mean you should leave us, Sofia," Roland told his stepdaughter.

"Yes, it does—I look just like him," Sofia pointed out.

"What we meant was that we didn't want Dottie around this castle," Roland said.

"That doesn't sound much better," Sofia frowned. "I'm leaving behind all my princess things, but I'm keeping the Amulet because I need it to get to the Mystic Isles."

"You shouldn't have to do this, Sofia," Amber said.

"Then maybe you and Dad should've kept your words quiet," Sofia glowered.

"Why do you even want to do this?" Amber asked.

"If you really want to stop Sofia from leaving, give it up and tell her the truth," Miranda scolded.

"About what?" Dottie asked.

Roland, Amber, Ruby, and Jade were now caught red-handed, and they knew everyone deserved the truth.

"Okay, we were just jealous of Dottie because all Sofia wanted to do was play with her," Ruby confessed.

"Yes, she brushed us away and acted like we barely existed," Jade declared.

"Now you know how I feel," Sofia scoffed.

"What?" Ruby and Jade gasped.

"Every day this week, I make plans with you guys, and you don't want to do anything with me—all you wanted to do was play with Amber, and you wouldn't even let me join the fun," Sofia pointed out. "Besides, Mom and I are okay with Amber and James talking about their birth mother, and it's not because this is their castle and she lived here until she died. That means Roland has to be okay with me spending time with anyone from my daddy's side of the family, or he's a hypocrite. Besides, Aunt Dottie and Uncle Jason are the reason you came up with the idea to make the coach look like a galleon in the first place. Don't be upset that I bailed on you for Aunt Dottie—not only have you done the same to me for Amber, but I even said I didn't want to participate in the Flylight Pageant anyway. Of course, that was before you came up with the galleon idea, but still!"

Roland, Amber, Ruby, and Jade felt horrible. They couldn't believe that they were the reason Sofia was moving away.

"I'm so sorry, Sofia," Roland sighed. "I was just afraid I'd lose you to Dottie because she's from your paternal side of the family."

"Too late—you already lost me," Sofia scoffed.

"Sofia, please don't leave—we're so sorry," Amber begged.

"You're right—we've been horrible to you just to be good to someone else, and you've been giving us a dose of our own medicine this whole time," Ruby sighed.

"Can you ever forgive us?" Jade asked.

Sofia looked at Amber, Ruby, and Jade and saw how sad they were. "Only if you promise to include me in your fun," she said.

"We promise," Amber smiled. She, Ruby, and Jade hugged Sofia tightly.

"I'm so sorry, Dottie—I was jealous of you," Roland said.

"It's okay, Roland—I understand you didn't mean it," Dottie smiled. She turned to her niece and asked, "Well, Sofia, now that everything is turning out fine, you still have to decide whether to stay or move."

"I think I'll stay," Sofia smiled.

"Great," Amber beamed, handing her sister her box of tiaras. "We only have a matter of time before we go."

"Well, I'd better get a move on home—I told Jason I'd be back right after I dropped of Sofia's clothes," Dottie declared. "Maybe the whole royal family can come to the wedding."

"That would be great," Roland smiled.

"Indeed, Dottie, thank you," Miranda smiled.

"I'll see you next week, Aunt Dottie," Sofia said.

"Of course, dear," Dottie smiled, leaving. "Don't forget to invite that boyfriend of yours."

Amber, Ruby, Jade, and Sofia raced to their coach, and they rode off.

During the pageant, there were many coaches decorated, and everyone loved the Enchancians' coach.

"It looks like everyone likes our coach," Ruby smiled.

"You're right, Sofia—it feels so good to try something different," Amber smiled.

"Now it's an extra good thing your aunt came over," Jade beamed.

"Thanks, and after tonight, there's only one more thing left," Sofia declared.