Chapter Three || Never Gonna Be The Same

Content Warning: Smut

And I'm never gonna be the same.

Last night I kept dreaming of sweet kisses, soft and tanned skin. I also dreamed of memorizing hard, muscular lines with my fingertips and steamy showers that ended in ecstasy.

If yesterday was enough to set me on cloud 9, then I wasn't prepared for what Chase had in store for me today. Honestly, he showed up this morning at my little cottage wearing shorts that hung so low on his hips it took all I had not stare at that V that lead to the Promise Land. Chase smirked and gave me a "good morning" with a long, sexy, southern drawl that had me blinking out of my lust filled haze just to answer him with a cough.

"Shouldn't you be wearing a shirt? It's too early for this." I pointed at him and pouted. "It's so unfair to taunt me this morning." Chase cocked his head to the side and smiled.

"Me? Taunting? I would never." He laughed and I ignored the little flip my heart did as I turned on my heel and lead him into the cottage.

"What do you have planned for me today?"

"A little bit of heaven and rock 'n roll."

"And where does food come in on this list?" I bit the inside of my lip at what Chase was implying and stored it later for revaluation.

"I love a girl that likes to eat, c'mon, we'll grab something on the way."

"On the way to where?"

"We wouldn't want to spoil the surprise now, do we?" Chase winked and my heart stopped. Yup. I'm certainly not prepared for today.

**

I sipped on the most delicious iced coffee I've ever had as Chase drove us down the interstate in some fancy convertible. The plan was to spend the day on the sand and in the water, but to pack an overnight bag "just in case". I tried to hide my excitement but when the top came down on his car, I squealed a little too loud.

"I wanna drive!"

"Not a chance in hell." I jutted out my lower lip hoping this would change his mind.

It didn't.

So now I'm watching him out of the corner of my eye as he sang to some country song on the radio. I've never felt so carefree and alive as I do in this moment right now. I wasn't worried about what was happening back home, nor was I worried about what today held. I wanted to live in this moment and I was. Besides, I have a gorgeous guy by my side. I would be an idiot if I didn't go along with this journey.

We drove for what seemed like hours until the interstate turned into a bunch of back roads. "Should I be worried that you're going to murder me?"

"Yes." Chase grinned and winked at me. I couldn't help but laugh and I pushed his shoulder.

"No, but seriously, where are we?" Chase pulled up to a small building and put the car in park.

"I hope you're not afraid of heights?" I blinked a few times waiting for him to elaborate more but Chase just continued grinning and got out of the car.

He ran over to my side and opened the door and then grabbed our bags out of the trunk. We walked side by side toward the front of the building and his hand brushed mine a few times before he grabbed it. "Is this okay?" He looked down at our intertwined hands. I smiled at him and squeezed his hand.

"Yeah," I said shyly.

I've never been one to jump into anything with a guy so quickly like this. Back at home, I've always tried to get to know the guy first before I'm even going on a date with him. Call me prune or whatever, but if we can't be friends first, then why even bother being in a relationship with them? It's just going to fail.