𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐲𝐬 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤. (𝐌𝐂𝐑 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫)

════════════════

note: yes, the title is a high school musical reference. no, i do not have any regrets.

a short imagine in honour of mcr rising from the dead. x

════════════════

════════════════

"So they are back with a bang – it's an absolute pleasure to have them in the KISS breakfast studio; for those of you just tuning in, we're here with the Jonas Brothers!"

You gave a little cheer and some short claps after your introduction, shifting your focus back to the three guys across from you. After letting them say another short hello to the listeners, you proceeded with the interview.

"Guys, before the break we spoke a little bit about the new album and upcoming tour dates and such, and it's just-" you gestured with your hands as you struggled to find the right words, "it's just so crazy you're back 'cause you guys are just nostalgia for me and for so many people – what is your nostalgia of your- your childhood growing up? 'Cause you are the Jonas Brothers. What is nostalgic for you?"

Leaning back in your seat a little, you relaxed as you let the guys deliver their answer. Your co-host guided them along, asking questions and making conversation. They spoke about various TV shows and music that they held near and dear to their hearts, answering your question to the best of their ability.

"...yeah, there were a lot of punk bands as well that we liked listening to..."

As with any interview, you were expected to contribute to the discussion as much as you could, and so when the answers were winding down, you offered one of your own.

You pointed between you and your co-host. "Both of us were into, uh, My Chemical Romance," you said.

"Oh, yes, totally!" Kevin agreed wholeheartedly.

Nick nodded. "Me too!"

Joe perked up immediately, straightening in his chair. "There's a... I got some dirt!" he informed with a glimmer in his eye and a point of his finger.

"Oh-ho-ho," your co-host wheezed excitedly.

"My Chemical Romance apparently were rehearsing next to us, um, in New York recently, which – I thought they broke up, but... I don't know," Joe recounted their experience with wide eyes and a shrug of his shoulders.

Absoutely shocked by Joe's sudden revelation, all you could offer was a soft gasp and an 'ooooo'.

"That's the gossip," your co-host piped.

"I should join you guys," Joe joked, gesturing around the radio studio.

"You should definitely, yes," you laughed, "You are the plug, we could cross over to you in the states for a little entertainment report; I love that."

Because of the extremely tight schedules of radio shows, you needed to keep the interview moving as quickly and as smoothly as possible, so onto the next question it was.

The remaining five minutes went off without a hitch and before you knew it, you were saying your goodbyes to the brothers and signing off from the show. Pressing a couple buttons and flipping a few switches, you set the ball rolling from a music point of view, lining up a slew of songs to play over the next little while.

As soon as the band had been properly ushered out of the studio and your co-host had run off for a quick bathroom break, you removed your headphones and disconnected your microphone.

Stuffing your hand into your purse, you hurriedly shuffled through the contents in search of your cellphone. Once you had it in your grasp, you wasted no time in connecting a five-way video call.

You chewed on your bottom lip as you watched the dark screen, anxiously waiting for the recipients to answer your call. Not long after, four slightly dazed and sleepy faces stared back at you.

"Guys... they know."

_______________________________

Thank you for reading x