The Curse

Once Upon a Time...

There lived a prince in the most luxurious castle. Even though he had everything his heart desired he was spoiled, selfish, and unkind. He taxed his village to fill his castle with the most luxurious objects and every so often he would through a ball with only the most beautiful of people.

Third-person
Bakugou sat on his throne watching as his guests danced in sync with the music. "Maybe you should go and join them, your highness." Kirishima, the prince's right-hand man, suggested. "Maybe you'll find a lovely young lady to be with." The prince just grumbled in response. "Or perhaps a handsome young man is more your taste?" That earned him a punch in the shoulder. "Oww! Haha but seriously man you have thrown so many parties to find someone yet your still single and I'm pretty sure there are some gals and guys that want to be with you. Just hurry up and pick one." Bakugou just propped his head on his hand and continued to stare out into the sea of people. "None of them are right for me..." he mumbled. "*sigh* That's what you always say."

All of a sudden the doors busted open sending the cold air of that winter night throughout the ballroom. An old disheveled looking lady stumbled through the doors.

Bakugou's pov
When I heard the doors crash open I immediately stood up from my seat. 'What the hell is going on!?' I looked over at the door to see some elderly woman standing there. I made my way over to her to see what she is doing here. "Y-your h-highness." She said while bowing. "What the hell do you want!? Why have you interrupted my party with your hagged appearance!?" "Please forgive me your majesty but I was seeking shelter from the storm. May I please stay here, I'll give you this rose as thanks." She asked me while pulling out a single red rose from her cloak.

"Pfft, you're kidding me right?" I laughed out causing the other guest to laugh as well. "There's no way I would allow a hag-like you to stay in my castle. Go back to which you came." I told her while throwing the rose she gave me at her face. "Y-you shouldn't be deceived by appearances. For true beauty lies within." She mumbled.

As the prince rejected the old woman for a second time her outward appearance melted away to reveal a beautiful enchantress.

'SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT! I FUCKED UP!' I got on my hands and knees to plead with the enchantress. "Please forgive me for acting so rudely to you! If I would have known I would never have down that! Please accept my deepest and most humble apology!" I slowly looked up at her to see a reaction but all I was meet with was a cold glare.

"I see no love in your heart! You all must be punished for his wrongdoings!"Her voice roared throughout the ballroom. I could tell that I became pale in fear. 'What the fuck does she mean by punishment!?' I then felt myself start to change and I heard my guest start screaming and running away. 'What the hell is happening to me!?' I rushed over to a mirror and all I saw was a monster looking back at me. I stumbled backward too stunned at my appearance to think properly. 'I'm a monster.' "I'm a fucking ugly monster!" I screamed and clawed at the picture of me hanging off of the wall.

As punishment, she transformed him into a hideous beast and placed a powerful curse on the castle and all who lived there.

As days became years the prince and his servants were forgotten by the world. For the enchantress had erased all memory of them from the minds of the people they loved. The rose she had offered however was no ordinary rose. It was enchanted. If the prince could learn to love another and earn their love in return by the time the last petal fell the spell would be broken. If not, he would be doomed to remain a beast for all time. As years passed he fell into despair and lost all hope.

For who could ever learn to love a beast?

———————————————————