page 3 / 19

Jaemin had grown accustomed to Jeno's constant talking well into the night, but it didn't make him any less irritated when the boy couldn't seal his lips shut for over five minutes before becoming fidgety.

"Jeno," Jaemin hissed, smacking the boy on his exposed thigh. "I said you could sleep in my room only if you would shut the fuck up. Do you sound like your shutting the fuck up?" Jaemin sat up from his makeshift bed on the floor which was in reality just his favorite blanket and one of the couch pillows from downstairs. Jeno was curled up in a fetus position with a pout on his lips. He shook his head, his black waves sliding across the pillowcases gracefully. Everything about Jeno was graceful, from the way he spoke (too much), to the way he walked across the hardwood flooring nearly soundlessly.

"Please, please, please, be quiet," Jaemin pleaded with him, even going so far as to press his palms together and kneel like he was praying.  Jeno shook his head.

"No," he whined, drawling out the 'o' sound.

Jaemin groaned; however, it sounded more similar to a high-pitched desperate squeak than the manly groan he had envisioned.

"What will it take for you to go to sleep?"

Jeno patted the space next to him wordlessly and Jaemin blanched.

"Me?" Jeno nodded. "Sleep with you?" Jeno nodded again.

Jaemin stood from the hard floor, not forgetting his very special blanket, and crawled onto the relieving mattress. The floor was a rock compared to the light fluffiness he was crawling on, and he was grateful to be able to bury his face in his silk pillowcase even just for a night. Jeno scooted towards the back of the bed to make room for Jaemin to adjust himself. Once he deemed the boy comfortable enough, although he had no clue how anyone could be comfortable laying on their back, he launched himself on top of Jaemin. The body beneath him tensed at first, but slowly relaxed and Jeno traced his fingers over Jaemin's chest.

His fingers swirled, drawing dimensions and shapes and cats. Occasionally, his finger would dip beneath the band of Jaemin's sweatpants, but quickly refocus their attention when the boy would writhe under his feather touches. The hand traced the outline of his body sensually, slowly, teasingly. It dangerously approached the friendship border and dipped its feet into the freezing water on the other side.

Jaemin reached his breaking point when he felt Jeno's palm caress his v-line momentarily just to slip his hand down the waistband of his thin sweatpants, reaching towards his growing semi-erection. Jaemin shot from the bed, startling Jeno.

"I, uh, I need to write. You just go to sleep, okay? I'll join you," he coughed into the back off his hand as if he wasn't dying from the lack of friction. "later, yeah, later."

"Jaemin, I'm sorry. I thought you wanted it, too," Jeno sat up as well, placing the plushie in his arms back in its original location. He was wearing one of Jaemin's Nike hoodies with a pair of Christmas boxers that Jaemin swore he threw away years ago.

"It's okay, it's okay," he quickly reassured. He pushed gently on Jeno's chest, feeling the taut muscles beneath his hand, and forced him to lay back down. The boy did so with a nearly irresistible pout, but Jaemin had a strong resolve that refused to crack any further.

"I just- go to sleep. I'm not mad, Nono."

Jeno nodded his compliance and curled up under the duvet, turning his back to Jaemin per the boy's request. He flicked on the lamp on his desk, allowing the blue light to grace his walls with its glow. He hoped Jeno could sleep with it on, but that was just a background worry compared to the whirlwind of emotions at the forefront of his mind.

He grabbed a pencil and his diary and flipped to the back. It seemed that Jeno had caused more of an uproar in his life than he originally anticipated.

Lust coursed through his veins painfully.
His hands were perched on either side of the writhing body beneath him.
He was a boy with nothing to his name but the clothes discarded on her floor, and willing to risk it all for a moment of pleasure.

Wrong and right blurred in the space between her breasts.
Fear and arousal mixed when he came in contact with the warm flesh laying unresponsive between her legs.

She was unwilling.

He was forceful.

He pushed his feelings into the tight heat with no remorse.
He would be planting his sadness in all the crevices of her body whether it was invitational or not.
When he finished, he had planted more than just sadness in the empty woman.

He had left behind a seedling.
A beautiful, terrifying creature grew from the planted seed.
One the woman had learned to tolerate.
Her heart refused to accept the creature as her own and adjusted itself to its obnoxious presence.
A buzz in her ear.
A loose tag brushing against her neck.

The creature became a writer, and the creature met a boy who made him question love.

Lee Jeno was a marvel, the only person willing to teach the creature that love can be found in the cracks of a monster.

Jaemin was falling in love.