2. Welcome to Mantle

(HK-47: Request: If you see any errors in the chapter, please point it out so the author can correct it as the chapter is so large in wording, somethings might have been overlooked. Thank you meatbags.)

Manta airships patrol the skies around the City of Atlas, keeping in communication with each other over radio. As an Atlas pilot from Argus flies the Manta with teams RWBY and JNPR along with Reaper, Qrow, Circe, and Maria toward the city, they receive radio contact.

Atlas Air Traffic Female: Manta 5-1. Welcome home. Please continue your approach to Atlas docking bay Omega-12. A security team will meet you there. Over.

Pilot: Understood Control.

Ruby and the others aboard Manta 5-1 look around at the large military air fleet surrounding the kingdom's capital.

Ruby: I don't understand. What's happening here?

Qrow: I don't know.

Jaune: But we are here. We got the lamp to Atlas, so I guess we land and get some answers.

Weiss: I'm not so sure. I've never seen our forces deployed so aggressively before. I'm not so sure we'll even get near Ironwood if security is so tight. They might even take me back to my father.

Blake gains a saddened look, while Ruby and Yang look at each other, uncertain of what to do. 

Reaper: I wouldn't worry about that, Ironwood is expecting us.

Weiss sighs and nods at Reaper, who crosses his arms. Qrow notices a blinking light on a console in front of him.

Qrow: Excuse me, what does this light mean?

The pilot looks over at what Qrow's looking at and groans in frustration.

Pilot: That's the low fuel light. Our secondary tank must've been ruptured back in Argus. We might not be able to land in the hanger unless we want to crash all of a sudden.

The pilot grabs the radio and presses a button to communicate.

Pilot: Control, this is Manta 5-1. Our fuel line is damaged and we are running low on fuel. We will need to land in Mantle or we could crash in the hanger. How copy?

Atlas Air Traffic Female: Understood Manta 5-1, you have permission to land in Mantle. Inform us of your location when you land so that we may retrieve your craft.

Pilot: Understood.

Weiss: There's always something. I'll see if I can call Winter so she can help get us to Ironwood.

As Weiss walks to the back of the ship, the pilot steers the ship toward Mantle. As people wander the streets of Mantle, the group looks over the city through the Manta's windows. They fly past a giant screen on the side of a skyscraper. Ironwood's voice comes from the screen, catching Ruby and Yang's attention.

Ironwood: ...cannot express our appreciation enough. Many describe these as uncertain times, and while that may be the case for the rest of the world, I can tell you what is certain. The Kingdom of Atlas will remain strong, and it will remain safe. That is my promise.

Ruby and Yang look saddened. Reaper sighs.

Yang: General Ironwood. He looks...

Ruby: Tired.

Qrow: James, what have you been doing?

The group sees Four Atlesian Knight-200s walking down a street in Mantle, while civilians around them complain about their presence.

Reaper also notices a small drone floating along a sidewalk below them, while a pair of small children hide in an alley. One of the children picks up a rock and throws it at the drone, which spins around to look, prompting the children to hide against the wall. Weiss sadly stares out of Manta 5-1's window with her Scroll in her palm. Her Scroll is set to call Winter, who does not answer.