introduction

maybe it was destined that we were brought back together again at this moment, or the fact that we were at the same place at the same time.

my shoes stood on the grey, tile floor as i looked up at him and into his eyes; joeys eyes. if this is a dream then i want to wake up right now.

all the noise around us pitched out and the only thing i could hear was my breathing. this can't be a dream anymore if i haven't woken up yet.

i open my mouth but close it immediately from hesitation for what i should say. i mean, what should you say when you haven't seen or spoken a person in three years?

"i didn't break up with you! i suggested it and you agreed." i say, not lying one bit.

"then maybe we should stay broken up." he says, catching me off guard. "because clearly you want to stay here and you just don't want to say it."

"i never said that joey." i say, protesting.

"well i said it for you then." he says, making us both go silent.

i can't believe he's saying this. i can't believe he's actually gonna leave me. "if you love me joey...then you wouldn't leave me behind. you're making it difficult for the both of us when you can just stay."

he looks down and doesn't make eye contact with me as he opened my window. " i love you enough to let you go." he says, stepping out the window.

i looked up at him as he was climbing out the window. "wait what?"

he looks at me as he was climbing down the tree. "bye anna."

i suddenly got this feeling inside of me to take a step back from him, making myself stand beside haillie.

should i just walk away right now and act like nothing ever happened? he was the one who broke me, why should i trust him if i don't know if he'll do it again?

"look-" i cut him off before he could even speak. do i want to hear his explanation? his voice changed a little, it got deeper than before.

"joey." i said, taking a deep breath as i couldn't believe i said that name. i never thought i would talk to him again, this is so weird.

"can you just let me explain? i haven't seen you in three years." he says to me, not breaking eye contact.

"i don't know if i can let you do that." i told him, before i looked around to see if anyone was looking.

"why not?" he asked me while he tilted his head.

"because you left me"