Chapter 4

Chat Noir and Carapace stood on the roof of Notre Dame waiting for the girls to return from their side of patrol. Chat wasn't expecting much trouble while they would be gone, but it was always good for the citizens to see their heroes visible. Come to think of it, Chat thought it might be a good idea if Rena Rouge and Carapace could hold onto their miraculous permanently. It would give him and Ladybug a chance to take more time for themselves if they could share duties, and maybe it could become more important in the future. A warm fuzzy feeling bubbled in his chest at that thought.

"Deep in thought there my man. What time are you guys leaving in the morning?" Chat turned towards his best friend.

"Really early. We have to be at the plane by 7am. I just hope Tikki can get Marinette up, you know what she's like." Carapace nodded in agreement.

"Figured out that proposal yet?" Carapace gave him a good natured jab in the ribs. Chat just shook his head, glad that his mask covered up the red he could feel in his face.

"No, but I'm sure it will come to me. I think I'll take Alya's advice and just wait for the right moment to find me."

In the distance they saw the figures of their girls starting to come into focus, what they didn't expect was Queen Bee following behind.

"Well, look what the cat dragged in." Chat smirked as Queen Bee landed on the roof with Ladybug and Rena Rouge.

"You're so funny Chat." She deadpanned at him.

"We ran into Chloe while on patrol and thought she might like to join us." Ladybug explained. "I was going to give Pollen to Rena to hold on to just in case, but it appears there won't be a need to." Chat and Carapace looked confused at the heroines. Queen Bee started laughing before pinching Chat on the cheek.

"Turns out I'm hitching a ride with you pair in the morning. Mother was invited to your new store opening, but felt it was more of a 'young person party'." She bent her fingers into inverted commas to emphasise her point. She wasn't wrong, the Shanghai store was geared more towards a younger clientele. "So I'm going instead, aren't you lucky, in fact you should be thanking me." She flicked her hair in her signature style. Chat couldn't help his excitement, wrapping his oldest friend up in a hug, much to her surprise.

"No offence Chloe, but I'd much rather you than your mother. She's scary." Queen Bee patted his head while the others struggled to stifle their laughter.

"Yeah, yeah, well we better go and get some sleep though. I'm not used to getting up so early and I do need my beauty sleep after all."

"Been having a few late nights then lately Bee." Chat backed away to hide behind Ladybug, ducking from Chloe's swinging hand.

"I swear Chat Noir, If didn't know you were my Adrikins under there, I'd sting you with my top and have you skinned alive." Chat erupted into laughter wrapping his arms around Ladybugs waist. He just loved stirring Chloe up, especially when she was Queen Bee.

With that, and a final farewell Queen Bee, Rena Rouge and Carapace leapt away towards the Bourgeois Hotel while Chat Noir and Ladybug made their way to Marinette's balcony. It was already nearing towards midnight and Adrien knew that Marinette was not a morning person. Marinette dropped her transformation, giving Tikki a macaroon before turning back towards Chat.

"Don't worry Chaton, I'll be on time. Tikki will help make sure. Besides, I can sleep on the plane." Chat wrapped his arms around Marinette bringing her closer to him as he leaned back on the railing. Even in the moonlight he could easily see all the features of her face and the twinkling of her bluebell eyes, those eyes he fell in love with on both sides of the mask.