Chapter 6

A/N - The first part of this chapter was written while listening to 'Fire on Fire' by Sam Smith

Marinette leaned into Adrien as they took the elevator back up to their suite. She felt him press a kiss onto the top of her head as his arm around her shoulders held her close. His other hand, hooked his jacket as he slung it over his other shoulder. She was tired after the long day, but not enough to sleep just yet. Walking back into the suite, Marinette relished the feeling of kicking off the high heeled shoes, savouring the soft and luxurious carpet between her toes. Loosening the silk scarf around her neck, she left it to hang about her as she stood at the windows to take in the spectacular night lights Shanghai is famous for.

Adrien sat on the edge of the bed, letting Plagg out of his jacket to find his camembert and Tikki. He discarded his tie, loosening the buttons around his neck hoping to finally get some air to the heat that had begun to rise up his face. Looking over at Marinette bathed in the night lights, he still felt like he couldn't breathe. His pulse began to race as his heart thumped against his chest. "The view is so beautiful." Marinette said breathlessly turning towards him.

"Yes it is." He replied looking lovingly at her. Marinette smiled shyly, facing away as she could feel her face began to flush, knowing it wasn't the view out the window he was referring to.

Standing up, he walked over to stand behind her, breathing in her perfume, a heady mix of juniper and black orchard. Marinette watched the colours as they changed on the Pearl Tower, intoxicating shades of pinks and purples with dashes of red and orange. It was mesmerising to watch as the colours danced on the river, intertwining and shimmering in the rippling water. She felt Adrien's hands gently caress her shoulders before he ran his fingers softly down her arms, pressing kisses into the side of her neck, his warm breath against her cool skin. She leaned her head back into him closing her eyes, her heart beating faster as his arms came around her, one around her middle, the other gently caressing her neck as he continued his trail of soft kisses.

They had stood on this precipice before. Hearts racing in tandem, knowing what they both wanted, but not taking that final step. There was always an excuse before - Marinette's parents were well meaning but  excellent mood killers, Nathalie often unexpectedly coming to knock on the door, one or both of them in transformation creating a physical barrier. There was none of that tonight, it was just the two of them, all the masks stripped away. Tonight there was no Ladybug or Chat Noir the saviours of Paris, no Adrien the model or Marinette the designer - it was just two hearts in love beating as one.

Marinette became vaguely aware of the light pattering of rain brushing against the window as Adrien pulled the silk scarf slowly off her shoulders. It would rain tonight, she thought to herself. It was raining the day she first fell in love with him on the school steps, it rained the night of their first kiss, and now it was raining the night she would surrender herself entirely to him. In this city where the old world meets the new they would write the first chapter of their own story.

Adrien turned her around, running his fingers through her hair as it cascaded down her bare shoulders, her skin glowing against the deep red of her dress and her ocean blue eyes looking up into his emerald green as they reflected the lights outside. Always the gentleman, Adrien would never push his advantage. He wanted her desperately, with every inch of his body he craved to be with her, but as always he would take his Lady's lead. He pressed a feather light kiss on her forehead before resting his head against hers, his hand on the exposed skin on her back sent a fire through her as he held her close. His breathing had become shaky across the top of her hair, almost as much as her own. "Marinette." He whispered, her name reverent on his lips like a prayer before the throne of a goddess. "Let me love you tonight. Let me give you everything that I am." He cupped her face with his hand drowning himself in her eyes. "Let me give you my whole heart."